The 1884 Group

Hi

Been a bit quiet as we waited for deliveries.

Everything due to arrive today and a small group of us will be assembling 400 flags tomorrow at the iPro Stadium for the day.

Will have more updates next week so promise to be in touch.

One tiny bit of info though - the club has 6 ENORMOUS flags to go behind the goals (like at Arsenal), we may need some volunteers........ stool and jacket provided!!

Have you got a photo of Arsenal's?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind me asking how will these flags be distributed? And how will you try and avoid them being nicked? Drop off points? 

You out and your team are doing a great job - credit to the club 

they will be put out prematch on seats, all have stickers on saying to leave them after the game, or to leave them in special bins in the concourses. Depends on honesty though!!

they will be put out prematch on seats, all have stickers on saying to leave them after the game, or to leave them in special bins in the concourses. Depends on honesty though!!

I will become a vigilante with in the stands, any fans taking flags will get a glare from me that will end sleep for eternity

Is there anyone on here who doesn't have a season ticket but would like to discuss an opportunity to attend every game? If so PM me, this is a first come, first served opportunity.

We will have 320 flags, 10kg confetti, 200 streamers and balloons on the 15th, just about ready now! We will be putting out requests for matchday help next week.

TIs there anyone on here who doesn't have a season ticket but would like to discuss an opportunity to attend every game? If so PM me, this is a first come, first served opportunity.

We will have 320 flags, 10kg confetti, 200 streamers and balloons on the 15th, just about ready now! We will be putting out requests for matchday help next week.

Does the opportunity include twisting balloons?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yw9ljrlodQE

Need big flag bearers mate?

how about someone who's paid for a season ticket and may get a refund?

you'd have to appoach the club on that one. But it would mean sitting away from who you go with right at the front where the ballboys are.

I thought it might appeal if anyone couldnt afford a st.

My sons coming for the 1st time this season. II think these suggestions are brilliant hopefully he likes the flags etc.

They get a bit annoying when you're holding the big one above you for 5 minutes.. To be fair you're not missing much thoe!

Wonder if the club would be allowed to have some big winch up from the roof type massive banners like what some of the german teams have.

would be better if the away fans could see it though, which they wouldn't really.

Wonder if the club would be allowed to have some big winch up from the roof type massive banners like what some of the german teams have.

would be better if the away fans could see it though, which they wouldn't really.

one step at a time! Got to get the club to trust us all first, then take things bigger and better!

one step at a time! Got to get the club to trust us all first, then take things bigger and better!

Are you doing anything with the song suggestions by any chance, be a shame if they fell by the wayside, some good suggestions all round. If we re-imaging the match day experience, the whole thing needs to change! I fear we may be stuck singing the same songs over and over again like last year, SIWY gets abit boring after the 10th time of singing it on match days!

Are you doing anything with the song suggestions by any chance, be a shame if they fell by the wayside, some good suggestions all round. If we re-imaging the match day experience, the whole thing needs to change! I fear we may be stuck singing the same songs over and over again like last year, SIWY gets abit boring after the 10th time of singing it on match days!

I think it boils down to taking one step at a time. As a group, we have been running for 2 months which is nothing. Making an impact visually is far easier than trying to implement song suggestions when no-one in our group can influence things directly.

Having said that, there are some great song ideas, and I will sing along with anything. The challenge is getting the right people starting them off. That will, hopefully, come in time. My biggest tip - don't underestimate the power of away games for getting chants started!!

Looking forward to seeing these flags.

Hope something is planned for the Boro game -  with it being against one of the best sides in the league and a night game it would be good to generate a brill  atmosphere to give the players a extra 10%.

Do the club still have the inflatable wavey hand men. Dressed in the kit. They had them at the start of the season a couple of years back then vanished. 

Could be worth utilising these if they still have them. Using them when the players come out or inflating when we score 

Archived