The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah these were done before things really took off. May well in future look at advertising opportunities as we (hopefully) grow.

I'm aware lyric sheets have been handed out in the past and ultimately failed, as they didn't have the intended impact. But the situation is different now.

There is no longer a couple hundred dedicated singers housed in a small corner of the ground. There is a 5 thousand strong army of vocal support located in the south stand together, who im sure will be all the more willing this time round to learn new songs and chant together... Possibly :) 

Thinking about the advertising thing, may want to check with the club first tho, might be a bit funny about that with them offering advertising opportunities themselves in the programmes and in the ground. 

New website is a must and I don't mind jumping on to help out, you can get hosting for a fiver a month, save a tenner if you pay up front for the year, £50 at TSOhost including a free domain name. Use Wordpress, gives you an easy admin backend to update the website with no real knowledge, just like writing a post on here.

Install a newsletter plugins where you can capture email addresses and send out monthly emails with what you have planned etc. 

As you have your own logo you could also setup a Spreadshirt shop, create some t shirts, you get to set the commission you make on top of what Spreadshirt want for the t-shirt. Cups, stickers, hats etc. 

Finally might be worth a look at Patreon.com instead of one donation people can choose to donate a set amount each month instead of a one off donation

Thinking about the advertising thing, may want to check with the club first tho, might be a bit funny about that with them offering advertising opportunities themselves in the programmes and in the ground. 

New website is a must and I don't mind jumping on to help out, you can get hosting for a fiver a month, save a tenner if you pay up front for the year, £50 at TSOhost including a free domain name. Use Wordpress, gives you an easy admin backend to update the website with no real knowledge, just like writing a post on here.

Install a newsletter plugins where you can capture email addresses and send out monthly emails with what you have planned etc. 

As you have your own logo you could also setup a Spreadshirt shop, create some t shirts, you get to set the commission you make on top of what Spreadshirt want for the t-shirt. Cups, stickers, hats etc. 

Finally might be worth a look at Patreon.com instead of one donation people can choose to donate a set amount each month instead of a one off donation

@Daveo, thanks for offering to help with the domains and hosting stuff, somebody is already working on that for us so we should have much better domain names ready. I think the long term plan is to come off Weebly and use a better service, but to be honest I'm leaving the technical stuff to people who know what they're doing! I've found Weebly very easy to use though and don't think the website is too bad tbh!

Again, an online shop is something we are thinking about a bit further down the line if the group establishes itself. There is the possibility we could look at flags, scarves, banners, etc so people can buy their own if they want them.

C'mon 1884 Group get this classic song going and make it ours.

Are Clements Teams so hard to beat
Every time we walk down the street
Another Derby goal in the neighbourhood
Wish this time? we look so good

I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight
Get teenage kicks right through the night

I'm gonna call em in my IPro home
Win them over cos I'm all alone
I need excitement oh I need it bad
And it's the best, I've ever had

Looking forward to Charlton game and it's looking good as look like it's heading for full house (less than 3,000 tickets left for the game) :)

Hi

Been a bit quiet as we waited for deliveries.

Everything due to arrive today and a small group of us will be assembling 400 flags tomorrow at the iPro Stadium for the day.

Will have more updates next week so promise to be in touch.

One tiny bit of info though - the club has 6 ENORMOUS flags to go behind the goals (like at Arsenal), we may need some volunteers........ stool and jacket provided!!

If anyone sits on the first few rows of the north or south stand, send me a PM.

I had a look at the giant flags today and they are absolutely huge. We need to make sure they get used, but need volunteers from the front of the stands. Get in touch!

We should have 250-300 flags ready by the end of next week, had a few delivery issues but hopefully we'll hit 400 stl for Charlton.

Doing 8 hrs on Thursday if anyone fancies helping out!

If anyone sits on the first few rows of the north or south stand, send me a PM.

I had a look at the giant flags today and they are absolutely huge. We need to make sure they get used, but need volunteers from the front of the stands. Get in touch!

We should have 250-300 flags ready by the end of next week, had a few delivery issues but hopefully we'll hit 400 stl for Charlton.

Doing 8 hrs on Thursday if anyone fancies helping out!

What's few surprise the club got? Saw it o twitter but I'd like to know lol :lol:

Archived