FIFA 16: EA Sports game to feature women for first time

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​​Which areas are these, exactly? The career mode is crap, anything else?

​It's mainly career mode that needs a complete overhaul. I'd say the poor quality of the multiplayer servers also needs addressing.

There's lots of complaints I'd have about the actual gameplay, but I don't like FIFA so they're all subjective.

​would you like to name those dodgy clubs sweety ?

what kind of posty isn't in work @ 9.37am

​Juventus, of course.

I'm WFH today. The letters can deliver themselves.

​Which areas are these, exactly? The career mode is crap, anything else?

​Put the Conference in, better players. It's a competitive sport, and the best win the best spots, be they men or women. Surely as athletes and competitors, the women's players understand this?

Or if it's about giving the women's game publicity and exposure, why not put some disability football teams in? I recently read something about Cerebral Palsy Footballers that was really inspiring. Gives hope to young lads who normally struggle to keep up with their able-bodied peers. Makes them feel like they're worth something, and not just some disabled guy. That is something that truly deserves publicity and exposure.

This is a cheap gimmick from EA, make no mistake about it.

I like how you're saying it's a gimmick then suggesting they put disabled teams in instead.

Well yeah, exactly. ​If they're after a gimmick, there are gimmicks that can have a bigger impact they could have gone for.

​Put the Conference in, better players. It's a competitive sport, and the best win the best spots, be they men or women. Surely as athletes and competitors, the women's players understand this?

Or if it's about giving the women's game publicity and exposure, why not put some disability football teams in? I recently read something about Cerebral Palsy Footballers that was really inspiring. Gives hope to young lads who normally struggle to keep up with their able-bodied peers. Makes them feel like they're worth something, and not just some disabled guy. That is something that truly deserves publicity and exposure.

This is a cheap gimmick from EA, make no mistake about it.

Hmm, have you basically just put 'being a woman' on the same level as 'having a disability'. 

I don't necessarily disagree, I just want to be sure. 

Hmm, have you basically just put 'being a woman' on the same level as 'having a disability'. 

I don't necessarily disagree, I just want to be sure. ​

In terms of the popularity of their football, yes. Women's football is about on the level of disability football in terms of renown in the game. Either we take the idea that EA is displaying the oh-so noble act of giving an unpopular sport more exposure, in which case I believe there are better causes than women's football to give that exposure to, or we take the idea that it's a competitive sports world and the best deserve their spots in which case neither should be in the game. They're not good enough to have earned it.

I love playing FIFA as much as the next person. but it is just a video game in the end. Better things to get worked up about than this video game having women on it.

Again, I see no problem with it. Just my opinion.

​Ok, but let's apply EA's logic to something you do care about.

Derby County announce that there isn't any money left to sign a centre back after spending millions on a gold statue of Tony Parry to stand outside the ground.

"Literally no Derby fans asked for this. Why did we spend the money on that?" You may ask, and I would say, "It's just a game. Surely there are better things to get worked up about? Why would you oppose this anyway, you aren't a racist are you?"

I'm waiting for EA to release FIFA 16 Classic girls-free zone, so Tombo can buy it twice and not feel patronised - and EA can pat themselves on the back at a masterstroke of marketing genius.

Buy it twice? I'm not buying it once, Fifa hasn't been any good for about 5 years.

Archived