15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my apologies, I only gave previous posts a quick skim and missed that it was already mentioned

tbh, I was hoping they were the same player! I had an inkling they were, and couldn't help my sacastic tendencies.

Haven't really seen anything of Sako so no idea if he would be a decent signing. However wolves fans are in meltdown over this potential move so that alone would make it worthwhile.  Other target mentioned was Antonio but that's a no go as apparently Forrest want 7-8 million.

Quick look on the wolves forum and they generally seem to think he was one of the best players in the championship last season

He's a good player in my opinion, better than the wingers you've recently signed. He's big and powerful which should suit the Prem but he can be very greedy, likes to do it all alone quite often and obviously the Prem defenders will be a lot better than the Champ's so he could struggle if he continues like that. Was probably the 4th best winger in the league last season after Ritchie, Antonio and Ince

He's a good player in my opinion, better than the wingers you've recently signed. He's big and powerful which should suit the Prem but he can be very greedy, likes to do it all alone quite often and obviously the Prem defenders will be a lot better than the Champ's so he could struggle if he continues like that. Was probably the 4th best winger in the league last season after Ritchie, Antonio and Ince

from a WBA point of view regarding the players you've mentioned. Antonio has been a target but Forest are looking for £7-8m add wages into that then Sako is a better value option. Pulis had Ince on loan at palace and has had no interest in him when he was available since then. Ritchie I'm afraid to say I've no idea who he is or who he plays for.

Quick look on the wolves forum and they generally seem to think he was one of the best players in the championship last season

If you've been looking at wingers like Antonio and Sako, worth mentioning that you're probably after a guy who is all physical traits and little technical ability.

Sako is big and powerful and fast, a defender in his way would be brushed aside like they've just been hit by a Japanese Bullet Train. Wouldn't trust him to do a lot with the ball after that though. If you've got players he can find when he's broken through defences, you'll get good use out of him. If he's being relied upon to be the sole creative spark, you might have trouble.

That's my honest view. He's quite good but he's got limitations.

from a WBA point of view regarding the players you've mentioned. Antonio has been a target but Forest are looking for £7-8m add wages into that then Sako is a better value option. Pulis had Ince on loan at palace and has had no interest in him when he was available since then. Ritchie I'm afraid to say I've no idea who he is or who he plays for.

Ritchie plays for Bournemouth. Even though Sako is likely to be on a very large amount (Doubt you've met his 60-80k demands but I guess he's on 40k at least), you've probably saved money overall. The likes of Ritchie, Antonio and Jota would have all commanded a huge transfer fee. You probably could have got Ince for £4.75m as I reckon Hull would have rather sold him to a Prem team than a division rival, but as you said, Pulis isn't a fan

Ritchie plays for Bournemouth. Even though Sako is likely to be on a very large amount (Doubt you've met his 60-80k demands but I guess he's on 40k at least), you've probably saved money overall. The likes of Ritchie, Antonio and Jota would have all commanded a huge transfer fee. You probably could have got Ince for £4.75m as I reckon Hull would have rather sold him to a Prem team than a division rival, but as you said, Pulis isn't a fan

I know we're not dealing with Pulis as he was at Stoke but his style still wouldn't suit Ince. Or Ritchie for that matter. Antonio or Sako would suit his direct style much more.

I know we're not dealing with Pulis as he was at Stoke but his style still wouldn't suit Ince. Or Ritchie for that matter. Antonio or Sako would suit his direct style much more.

Very true. Although, I've not watched a lot of West Brom games, but does Pulis still demand his wingers to track back and do the dirty work like he did at Stoke? Because that definitely wouldn't suit Sako

Very true. Although, I've not watched a lot of West Brom games, but does Pulis still demand his wingers to track back and do the dirty work like he did at Stoke? Because that definitely wouldn't suit Sako

I'll have to get back to you on that one as in his time at WBA to date he hasn't had any wingers at his disposal 

If you've been looking at wingers like Antonio and Sako, worth mentioning that you're probably after a guy who is all physical traits and little technical ability.

Sako is big and powerful and fast, a defender in his way would be brushed aside like they've just been hit by a Japanese Bullet Train. Wouldn't trust him to do a lot with the ball after that though. If you've got players he can find when he's broken through defences, you'll get good use out of him. If he's being relied upon to be the sole creative spark, you might have trouble.

That's my honest view. He's quite good but he's got limitations.

just checked his stats for last season, 15 goals & 10 assists would suggest he has an end product to his game.

just checked his stats for last season, 15 goals & 10 assists would suggest he has an end product to his game.

I didn't say he didn't have an end product, just like Antonio got a few goals and assists too. I mean you've got to make the pass or the cross easy for him or he won't bother. Like Cam says he can be a bit selfish and to be honest not all that intelligent as a player. He's not going to reach that tally in the Premier League so he might start needing his teammates. He's quite limited but in the Wolves team who were decent passers his direct style worked.

I didn't say he didn't have an end product, just like Antonio got a few goals and assists too. I mean you've got to make the pass or the cross easy for him or he won't bother. Like Cam says he can be a bit selfish and to be honest not all that intelligent as a player. He's not going to reach that tally in the Premier League so he might start needing his teammates. He's quite limited but in the Wolves team who were decent passers his direct style worked.

Sorry Tombo, I read your post wrong. I'll be sure to take more care in future ?

Archived