No profile picture

For the last week [since the site went down] my profile picture went walkabout, I have tried to load 9 different pictures and keep getting a message indicating that the process was unsuccessful, all that I see is a square with a red cross in it.

*Please note that I am a decrepit old git who is able to switch my laptop on plus very basic functions such as switching it off and wiggling my finger so that the thingy points at things, anything more complicated baffles me and I have to resort to Cognac to steady my nerves.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the last week [since the site went down] my profile picture went walkabout, I have tried to load 9 different pictures and keep getting a message indicating that the process was unsuccessful, all that I see is a square with a red cross in it.

*Please note that I am a decrepit old git who is able to switch my laptop on plus very basic functions such as switching it off and wiggling my finger so that the thingy points at things, anything more complicated baffles me and I have to resort to Cognac to steady my nerves.

Can you link me to a picture and I will upload for you, not sure why you are seeing an error unless the image is too large. 

No problem, I see I now have picture, I thought I was being ostrichsized. :thumbsup:

I've just set it to default one for you, if you want a custom one link me to the pic and I'll sort for you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have had the same problem as you knabby crackers, trying to load an icon picture. i think that the pictures are too big in my attempts. but I do not know if too big means too many megabytes or too large a picture in dimensions not pixels or both. I too, struggle with various electronic issues.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I have had the same problem as you knabby crackers, trying to load an icon picture. i think that the pictures are too big in my attempts. but I do not know if too big means too many megabytes or too large a picture in dimensions not pixels or both. I too, struggle with various electronic issues.

Can you tell me exactly what the error message says?

On 12/1/2015, 10:21:41, Daveo said:

Link me to a picture you want and I'll sort it for you

Concerned that I might be nicking someone's image and they moan about it. Can we have something like a Ram as an alternative to the head silhouette and simply opt in or out of it please Daveo? I would choose to have the Ram whatever it looked like.

Archived