Sensible bids for Rams players

If i were Macca (or Dyche or Ince or Big Sam A or Warburton, etc) I would take the following offers on the players in excess of:

Granty 500k

Christie 1M

Forsyth 800k

Keogh 1M

Bucko 750k

Shotton 350k

Albentosa 600k

Whitbread free

Warnock 150k

Hughes 10M

Bryson 750k

Hendrick 1.5M

Dawkins 500k

Ward 250k

Russell 1M

Martin Not for sale........

Sammon free

U21's i've left out of the equation

Thoughts????

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair prices, but I wouldn't sell them all by no means, selling off pretty much the whole squad and creating  a new one would probably mean we have to spend a significant amount of time letting the players "gel". I wouldn't let christie or albentosa go, but i'd certainly look for us to bring in another right back and maybe two centre backs. 

And I'd keep hendrick for another year to see if he can get back to where he was and I'd also keep russell. Apart from that I agree with you, and I'd also like hughes to get loaned back to us but if its southampton as the rumours are saying I think he'd be in and around their first 11.

Keogh at 1 million? 

Even though some fans don't rate him and I fully understand why, good luck finding someone better than Keogh that has 3 years experience playing in this division, that suits a passing team for the same as or less than 1 million.

Keogh is worth 2-3 million given his consistent high levels of performance in this league and his long term contract that he only just signed in January. 

Most of those prices are more around what I might accept if we were forced to sell. I think with the possible exception of Hendrick I wouldn't take any of those offers considering the state of the transfer market these days.

This, amongst other threads, has made me question whether I'd rather have Will Hughes or £10m to spend on a whole new squad.

He's the kind of player you could build your entire squad around, and does either McLaren or his replacement(?) really know how to spend that kind of money and not completely disrupt any sense of the team unity we have left.

I really hope WH stays and we make him our 'Gerrard'.

After this season tho, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted away.

no club would pay £500k for grant . If they would he would be sold. Cant have long on his contract, and just played poorly for last few months. Starting at Bournemouth and carrying ball out of area

Grant 500k 

Roos 500k

Forsyth 650k

Christie 400k

Warnock 100k

Shotton 400k

Keogh 1.5m

Albentosa 400k

Whitbread Out of contract

Buxton 500k

Thorne 2m

Hughes 10m

Eustace Out of contract

Bryson 750k

Hendrick 2m

Dawkins 300k

Russell 1m

Ward 500k

Martin 8m

Sammon £0

Yikes, without loans and players being released our squad really is thin on the ground 

Grant 500k 

Roos 500k

Forsyth 650k

Christie 400k

Warnock 100k

Shotton 400k

Keogh 1.5m

Albentosa 400k

Whitbread Out of contract

Buxton 500k

Thorne 2m

Hughes 10m

Eustace Out of contract

Bryson 750k

Hendrick 2m

Dawkins 300k

Russell 1m

Ward 500k

Martin 8m

Sammon £0

Yikes, without loans and players being released our squad really is thin on the ground 

​Hendrick the same amount as Thorne? Crikey.

Hendrick is a starter for ROI and is probably going to play at the next Euro's. He's also got a lengthy contract and has been ever present in our 11.

Thorne? Hasn't featured. Top player, but I'd take our money back now

​Only really plays for Ireland when everyone else is injured. Average championship player, nothing more, nothing less.

​Only really plays for Ireland when everyone else is injured. Average championship player, nothing more, nothing less.

He really doesn't. He started 75% of their games before his injury, including an away game in Germany. You seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against Jeff? Did he refuse to sign your program or something? If you think he's an average championship player then count yourself lucky you haven't seen most of the players I've seen for this club, can tell you're a nipper

He really doesn't. He started 75% of their games before his injury, including an away game in Germany. You seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against Jeff? Did he refuse to sign your program or something? If you think he's an average championship player then count yourself lucky you haven't seen most of the players I've seen for this club, can tell you're a nipper

​No he came on as sub against Germany because Glen Whelan got booked. What are Hendrick's strengths? Apart from disappearing. He is good when he plays well but isn't every player but awful when we need him most.

​Just because he is better than a lot of players that have played for this club doesn't make him a good footballer.

Archived