McClaren IN (if he doesn't leave!)

Mostyn6

I think Derby 'fans' need to be very careful what they wish for, and if they wish for McClaren to go, they should realise what will be leaving with him when he goes.

I'm actually gobsmacked. I know I say that a lot, and I know emotions are running high, but usually this forum is at the higher end of rationality when it comes to DCFC!

I want to grab a lot of you and give you a shake. Seriously, It's like you've lost your mind.

If you've had any enjoyment in the last 2 seasons, it has been down to McClaren and his coaches! What you are seeing as a failure, is in my opinion nothing more than a failure to continue to over-achieve.

Many fans had all but given up hope of ever seeing competitive football, let alone 2 consecutive promotion fights! Okay, we lost them, but why should we have won them? There's no logical reason. We are still shopping in the bargain basement and taking other team's rejects. We haven't bought a single player that the owning team wanted to keep. I reckon we spent less on ALL transfers under McClaren than Fulham spent on McCormack ffs. Yet some people think McClaren has been massively backed! Not even close! I remember King Arthur spunking £13m in 1992 and not even getting close to the top 2!

Then we have the loan signings. There's no guarantee the managers you are asking for (to replace McClaren) are going to be able to get such high calibre loan signings.

Sadly, our failings are down to being exposed so late in the season, our philosophy masked the inadequacies of our defence and by the time that was apparent, the window was shut and only players not good enough would've been available.

If those of you that think McClaren leaving is the way to go, then I wonder if you consider what the next manager will do when it comes to judging the current squad. As we sit here now, shaking our heads disconsolately, we ALL know where our weaknesses are, some always did know, others pretended it was fine. New guy comes in, the honeymoon period masks the mental issues some players have, and before you know it, the new guy is making the same mistakes as SMc has just done, and we waste another season.

My own view is that there seems to be some deliberate trouble making going on, maybe from within, and McClaren has actually done nothing wrong, yet unhappy players (perhaps knowing they'd be bombed out if we get to the Prem) and local media have stirred things up and fans are gullible, and fickle, believing everything they hear. What needs to happen is that McClaren needs to be left alone to turn things back around. Let him clear those out that aren't good enough and restamp his personality on the team.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Derby 'fans' need to be very careful what they wish for, and if they wish for McClaren to go, they should realise what will be leaving with him when he goes.

I'm actually gobsmacked. I know I say that a lot, and I know emotions are running high, but usually this forum is at the higher end of rationality when it comes to DCFC!

I want to grab a lot of you and give you a shake. Seriously, It's like you've lost your mind.

If you've had any enjoyment in the last 2 seasons, it has been down to McClaren and his coaches! What you are seeing as a failure, is in my opinion nothing more than a failure to continue to over-achieve.

Many fans had all but given up hope of ever seeing competitive football, let alone 2 consecutive promotion fights! Okay, we lost them, but why should we have won them? There's no logical reason. We are still shopping in the bargain basement and taking other team's rejects. We haven't bought a single player that the owning team wanted to keep. I reckon we spent less on ALL transfers under McClaren than Fulham spent on McCormack ffs. Yet some people think McClaren has been massively backed! Not even close! I remember King Arthur spunking £13m in 1992 and not even getting close to the top 2!

Then we have the loan signings. There's no guarantee the managers you are asking for (to replace McClaren) are going to be able to get such high calibre loan signings.

Sadly, our failings are down to being exposed so late in the season, our philosophy masked the inadequacies of our defence and by the time that was apparent, the window was shut and only players not good enough would've been available.

If those of you that think McClaren leaving is the way to go, then I wonder if you consider what the next manager will do when it comes to judging the current squad. As we sit here now, shaking our heads disconsolately, we ALL know where our weaknesses are, some always did know, others pretended it was fine. New guy comes in, the honeymoon period masks the mental issues some players have, and before you know it, the new guy is making the same mistakes as SMc has just done, and we waste another season.

My own view is that there seems to be some deliberate trouble making going on, maybe from within, and McClaren has actually done nothing wrong, yet unhappy players (perhaps knowing they'd be bombed out if we get to the Prem) and local media have stirred things up and fans are gullible, and fickle, believing everything they hear. What needs to happen is that McClaren needs to be left alone to turn things back around. Let him clear those out that aren't good enough and restamp his personality on the team.

Well for God sake tell him to say he i is staying then and stop the Newcastle rumours once and for all

Well for God sake tell him to say he i is staying then and stop the Newcastle rumours once and for all

​what are you talking about? He's said enough times that it's just speculation and he's "STAYING HERE UNTIL I'M TOLD OTHERWISE". Which is all 99% of managers will say. Nobody can stop rumours.

If Mac still believes in the project then I would want him to stay and be given the funding to inject real quality where we need it...spot on that we are still playing around the edges in terms of really buying in quality players..

All these calling for the head of Steve mclaren must of really loved those years under nigel, or should I say the clough name!

this is still Nigel's team and I really want Steve to put his mark on it, granted some of his signings have been poor but I believe we overachieved last season and have been found out this season with no plan b, we put all our eggs in one basket with george Thorne when we all said we needed that commanding centre half

interesting summer approaches

If McClaren stays he needs to go back to what made us successful, if he leaves I think we are a decent proposition for a good manager.

To say McClaren has not spent millions is factually incorrect, unless you know something the auditors don't!

Archived