• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't invest in the right players though

​and whats to say that we will?

buxton came from the non-league on a free

albentosa cam from the la liga after being in decembers team of the month

most will agree buckos the more vital player for us

martin came on a free from norwich's reserves, sammon for 1million quid after being involved in most of wigans games that season, martin wipes the floor with sammon's face

Brighton intended to bring the right players in, it went tits up

we can intend to bring the right players in, it can easily go tits up too

yes while people can see we finished 8th, it does not tell the whole story

some are being very harsh, it would be a disaster to lose martin and i hope he doesnt go, hughes too however i feel we need a complete reshaping of the defence, keogh 100% needs to go now, i have supported him fully for his entire time at derby but losing like this and what happened last year will no doubt play on his mind next time, he is not a leader and is a liability and you cant just drop him and keep him, he's our current captain he either goes or stays captain.

We need a competent rightback too, wisdom was exactly this, we have missed him so much this season, im not suprised shotton didnt get time at stoke i feel he is absolutely awful and a totally liability defencely and going forward, cant believe we gave him a permanent contract.

Forscyth could stay, he'd make an excellent backup leftback if he was willing to sit on the bench.  and it's obvious we'll need a new cb.......im still a fan of shackell's ability.....he makes a solid championship cb.

sort the defence out and we can get the results. We need a backup for martin who is just LIKE martin, bent is good but plays nothing like martin, we have no linkup play with him and he's terrible in the air but he can snatch a goal.

as for why 8th doesnt tell the full story is you only need 3 more points and you'd jump up to 3rd. Never going to forget the birmingham game,not to mention the wolves game or the forest game.........

Don't think wholesale changes are required.

we were top for a large part of the season after all and hopefully with Thorne (hopefully!) like a new signing! (Again!)

dont need quantity we just need 2 or 3 top class additions.

preferably 2 or 3 powerful athletes!

Sick of watching us overpowered and outrun!!

fwiw, I think 

Grant - can stay if Steele stays, if not, replace him.

Forsyth - mentally shot, fans abuse him, needs to go, won't recover. Go

Keogh - mentally shot. Not strong enough mentally, and poor leader and bad decision maker. Go

Buxton - could stay, mentally strong, physically strong, committed and has the quality to do the job.

Shotton - either or. Seems to make bad decisions, but doesn't seem to be a bottler.

Whitbread - Sadly made of paper mache. Go.

Warnock - Has the experience, character and ability. Keep

Albentosa - I think he has the ability and will be influential when settled. Keep

Christie - personally think he has ability, but cannot handle the expectation. Shame. But go.

Thorne - needs a good injury free season, has the lot. Keep

Eustace - been the best player at the club when not playing! Sadly it's trickery. Go

Ward - has the mentality and ability, doesn't have the body for the fight. Go

Dawkins - something must not be right for him to be unable to nail his place. Go

Hughes - still needs to become more influential. Stay

Bryson -  something bizarre going on here, perhaps a bad apple in the dressing room. Go

Hendrick - personally think he's improving as a footballer, if being less affective. Keep

Russell - think he has the mentality and ability, just needs a lucky season without injury. Keep

Martin - Obvious. Keep. He should be captain IMO.

Sammon - lacks aptitude and ability, composure and confidence. Go.

Bennett - Need a good look at him to see if his development has stalled.

Loans. Ince - Keep, Bent - Keep, Mascarell - Keep, Lingard - Go

No they are. Easy to play when you're 2 goals down like in recent weeks. I have been to every home game this season and 8 away games and they are not mentally strong enough

I imagine that you would be quite a useful guy to have around on Pancake Tuesday.

We need a new defence,simple as that

Give Albentosa a good chance,but get at least 3 x new defenders in,who can defend

We always look suspect at corners and free kicks,and have conceded far too many soft goals

Get an animal in defence,who will kick their own granny if needs be

Archived