Supercharged Drone From Hell

ramit

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is pretty cool though. It's amazing what aerobatic ability you can get from 4 rotors. I'd like to see a EuroFighter do one of this little backflips.

Why are they called drones anyway? That invokes the image of what anericans use to shoot children with pinpoint accuracy. This is essentially a remote control plane for the 21st century. If someone came on here with a remote control plane, you'd think 'how quaint', but it's a drone so the first reaction is 'bloody menace'.

It is pretty cool though. It's amazing what aerobatic ability you can get from 4 rotors. I'd like to see a EuroFighter do one of this little backflips.

Why are they called drones anyway? That invokes the image of what anericans use to shoot children with pinpoint accuracy. This is essentially a remote control plane for the 21st century. If someone came on here with a remote control plane, you'd think 'how quaint', but it's a drone so the first reaction is 'bloody menace'.

​They call it drone for the sound it makes.

​They call it drone for the sound it makes.

I get that, but a raptor is a completely different kettle of fish to one of these. Which is not to say these things can't be a bloody menace, but I prefer to look at the positives. The technology is cool, and there must be loads of positive applications. 

Having said that, I just watched the latest episode of modern family, where some perv was using one to blatantly spy on the hot Colombian sun bathing. To be honest, that's probably exactly what I'd do, but I'm sure a more sensible individual could find a more positive application. 

I get that, but a raptor is a completely different kettle of fish to one of these. Which is not to say these things can't be a bloody menace, but I prefer to look at the positives. The technology is cool, and there must be loads of positive applications. 

Having said that, I just watched the latest episode of modern family, where some perv was using one to blatantly spy on the hot Colombian sun bathing. To be honest, that's probably exactly what I'd do, but I'm sure a more sensible individual could find a more positive application. 

HA HA! With summer fast approaching in the Med you have just gave me an idea. (off to the drone store)

I guess in search and rescue drones could be beneficial. I know news organisations like the BBC and Al Jazeera English use them for news reports. 

​My employers are developing them for agriculture & crop studies in particular, which could have positive implications for reducing the amount of chemicals and pesticides getting into the food chain, while protecting other flora and fauna species on farms.

It's a bit like 3D printing in the way that someone came up with this cool technology and we're now coming up with innovative ways of using it to help to solve real problems.

​The video look to have been sped up to me, doubt it's that quick

​i think you may be right Daveo, at least i hope so.  A fly passes the camera at one point at remarkable speed.

Was half asleep in the middle of the night when i posted that, my only excuse

Archived