Gumps or Imbeciles?

Carl Sagan

Love them (highly unlikely) or hate them, the new forum doesn't let you ignore them  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to work that i-Ram out. I think he's a bit of both.

Are you, and @Ramnut, suggesting I might be one of those Transgenders?!  You are dealing here with some one who certainly knows the difference between my ass and the oldboy.  To be honest I like the new posters - Wum or Scum - it gets a bit predictable otherwise. Lovem'all lovem'all lovem'all, the long, the short and the tall....

Hello!

I'm a new poster and would just like to say a big thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.  I don't think I'm a gump so I must be an imbecile - thank god thats sorted - I now know my place.

I've been following the team man and boy for the past 44 years but I completely understand that as I am new to the forum I am not allowed to say anything negative or critical about the team.  Just out of interest how many posts do I need before I am  allowed to have an opinion?

I'd just like to say what a splendid season its turning out to be and what a fantastic job Steve and the boys are doing.  

Hope this is ok?

Hugs

Artie x

Hello!

I'm a new poster and would just like to say a big thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.  I don't think I'm a gump so I must be an imbecile - thank god thats sorted - I now know my place.

I've been following the team man and boy for the past 44 years but I completely understand that as I am new to the forum I am not allowed to say anything negative or critical about the team.  Just out of interest how many posts do I need before I am  allowed to have an opinion?

I'd just like to say what a splendid season its turning out to be and what a fantastic job Steve and the boys are doing.  

Hope this is ok?

Hugs

Artie x

I feared sarcasm might be dead. You have restored my faith. Welcome! 

I'm no fan of the "boo boys" but I defend their right to an opinion good or bad.  We may not agree with it and we may roll my eyes and despair from time to time.............but that's the whole point of a forum isn't it?

That said, I suspect these "Johnny come latelys" are simply glory hunters hanging onto the coat tails of our success as the (currently) sixth best team in the championship and not real fans at all.  Some of them probably don't even live in the area and instead of supporting their local teams the want to jump on our bandwagon.  How dare they.  And now they want to post on the forum!  WHATEVER NEXT!.......IMBECILES! 

Hello!

Hope this is ok?

Hugs

Artie x

im pretty sure its not aimed at every new person that's joined the forum

its against the new 'fans', the ones that were only interested in derby since halfway through last season, the ones that boo when were not winning at half time, the fans that want maclaren out as we arent 10 points clear at the top of the table, no he hasn't done as well as he probably should have, but its the fans that havn't followed us and weren't interested in us when we used midtable mediocrity so dont respect the job maclaren has done to even get our expectations, and its plain obvious that some of the new posters fall into this group of our fanbase'

​26th January 1946, Rams 1-0 WBA [FA Cup], Peter Doherty scored.

I was 9 years old and went with my uncle and 12 year old cousin, borrowed his box to stand on so that I could see through the looped rails in the Boys Corner.

There are some benefits from being a decrepit old git, I have been privileged to watch some of our greatest players interspersed with some who were absolute crap.

​When I first started going in the early 80's - the height of hooliganism - my dad had made me a stool at work for me to stand on.  It comprised of 4 heavy metal legs that screwed into a wooden bit that I stood on.  However I was able to take it in I'll never know!

Do I class as 'new'?

If so I am an imbecile but not for the reason stated so I am confused what too do.

​That's the dilemma for us to deal with Bridgford :wacko:

Just a few thousand more posts for us to go!

Be mindful of the pecking order...must be why I chose this username - or was it an unconscious saucy double-entendre?

Or option 3 - Are they just people that have a different opinion to your own? Doesn't make it any more or less valid. 

I don't rate Keogh and have stated reasons why. 

Really?!?

Archived