Gumps or Imbeciles?

Carl Sagan

Love them (highly unlikely) or hate them, the new forum doesn't let you ignore them  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just all the "we deserve" casual fans with short memories. 

It's hard to separate new posters who are as hardcore (sad) as all the lot that don't use the Internet for its intended purpose (), from the new posters who heard there was a party going on and came in fancy dress when it's just nibbles and Fanta. 

I mean you've got your hardcore fans that are on the more negative side. But these don't make ridiculous statements or itk's or outrageous knee jerks. Like notts_ram for example. Sound guy, worries a lot. No problem

Them you've got the hardcore that are so positive they'd say "great appointment and but wasn't given a fair chance last time" if Billy the Dwarf got the gig again. 

It the casual, turned up late to the party sort that bother me. I actually know a few in person. Barely interested a couple of years ago."Yeah, he's *****, that's rubbish, lost again, needs sacking, sounded rubbish on the radio" sorts that didn't even bother to gather info on matches never mind try to find decent coverage or get to a game. 

They're now saying "Ooooh, what's going on here then? I heard we're good now. 5-0 again. Now let me have a look. Bah!! It's the same old Derby. Still getting 30,000 and we deserve better. I deserve better. I've been following Derby for years (loosely with next to no effort) and I'm fed up of this *****. This isn't like the Chelsea games I watch on Sundays. This is ******. If Gary Neville could see this..." 

Happy hardcore, grumpy hardcore... It's all good. Casual half arsed fans? Stick em all together out the way where they can be clueless amongst themselves. They actually make up the bulk of the numbers at home games so it's not like it has anything to do with going to matches.  But I could buy a gym membership and tell myself I'm going to look great by August. Won't happen. Too casual. I'd be a nuisance to fit, healthy, beautiful people. 

Some may call me a plastic fan as I cant afford to go to many matches but I do try to attend when possible (usually for Under 21s). when I am there I ensure im one of the loudest fans in the stadium. I have always been a Derby fan and went to games under Cloughie, loved it even when we lost, just like the away game against Peterborough, lost 3-0 but I loved every second.

Admittedly there is some negativity seeping into the forum but I for one hold my hands up and admit I haven't been one to welcome all new members.

We are all rams except for the baggie that had about 900 posts on the Thorne Transfer Saga

Or option 3 - Are they just people that have a different opinion to your own? Doesn't make it any more or less valid. 

I don't rate Keogh and have stated reasons why. 

Some folks on here love Keogh, and that their reasons why. 

Would be a pretty pointless forum if everyone had the same opinion. 

Or option 3 - Are they just people that have a different opinion to your own? Doesn't make it any more or less valid.

I don't rate Keogh and have stated reasons why.

Some folks on here love Keogh, and that their reasons why.

Would be a pretty pointless forum if everyone had the same opinion.

​I wonder if there is a secret 'click' which helps posters infiltrate the 'clique'?

I don't rate Keyhole either and I'm convinced that Ince is not a 100% team player, also The Worm Worrier leaves a lot to be desired with regard to work ethic and Kwame Thomas lacks the skills to play at Championship level.

Since my first game in 1946 I've seen some dire players wearing a Derby County shirt but thank God I've also seen some great ones, there are a few good players in the current squad but there are also some that are masquerading as competent players at Championship level.

As others have said it is all a matter of opinion but it would appear that some on this forum don't see things that way.

​I wonder if there is a secret 'click' which helps posters infiltrate the 'clique'?

I don't rate Keyhole either and I'm convinced that Ince is not a 100% team player, also The Worm Worrier leaves a lot to be desired with regard to work ethic and Kwame Thomas lacks the skills to play at Championship level.

Since my first game in 1946 I've seen some dire players wearing a Derby County shirt but thank God I've also seen some great ones, there are a few good players in the current squad but there are also some that are masquerading as competent players at Championship level.

As others have said it is all a matter of opinion but it would appear that some on this forum don't see things that way.

​1946!?! 

Past players would struggle nowadays. Dave Mackay and Bruce Rioch would be sent off every week now and so would Frank Wignall and Jack Stamps 

​1946!?!

​26th January 1946, Rams 1-0 WBA [FA Cup], Peter Doherty scored.

I was 9 years old and went with my uncle and 12 year old cousin, borrowed his box to stand on so that I could see through the looped rails in the Boys Corner.

There are some benefits from being a decrepit old git, I have been privileged to watch some of our greatest players interspersed with some who were absolute crap.

​26th January 1946, Rams 1-0 WBA [FA Cup], Peter Doherty scored.

I was 9 years old and went with my uncle and 12 year old cousin, borrowed his box to stand on so that I could see through the looped rails in the Boys Corner.

There are some benefits from being a decrepit old git, I have been privileged to watch some of our greatest players interspersed with some who were absolute crap.

Great work mate. 

I assume Mikel Beck is among your top 5 of all time? 

Archived