Why so many injuries?

cloughandtaylor

We have had so many injuries for the last 3 months and injuries that have seemed to have gone on and on, what do think has caused this?

Have we changed our training methods?

Has physio changed?

Is it simply bad luck and coincindence?

I do feel it has killed off our season, but I also feel that if we can get Bent, Martin, thorne and co back we are more than capable of beating anybody in the playoffs!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had so many injuries for the last 3 months and injuries that have seemed to have gone on and on, what do think has caused this?

Have we changed our training methods?

Has physio changed?

Is it simply bad luck and coincindence?

I do feel it has killed off our season, but I also feel that if we can get Bent, Martin, thorne and co back we are more than capable of beating anybody in the playoffs!

​That last sentence is the one thing keeping me positive at the minute. Tha fact is: once you're in the play-offs, anything is possible.

With Martin and Thorne and possibly Buxton back, our performances will pick up and if we can get a good result in the first leg, it will build confidence going into the second away from home.

The deserving team doesn't always win the play-offs, as we found out! That said, our defence will need to improve drastically for us to even be in with a shout.

I think it's a fitness issue, I don't think the players are fit enough at this stage of the season, they all look knackered! RD mentioned it again today that the players look drained and there needs to be questioned asked on the fitness work done in pre season, hence so many injuries at the minute 

Bent's not injured - he's "ill"

Questions to be asked about the wisdom of taking the squad to Spain for the week. I've lost count of the amount of times I've taken a flight and come back with horrible illness. Aeroplane air con is a nightmare for spreading disease.

i think there's been a lot of playing when not really fit, coming back to early and a general not coping with pressure at all. I'm sure before the Norwich match Martin was pleading that he was fit enough, Thorne so desperate to play a part, lots of the players are probably carrying niggles...........

as for Bent being ill......don't blame him.......! He'll be right by next week though.

Bent's not injured - he's "ill"

Questions to be asked about the wisdom of taking the squad to Spain for the week. I've lost count of the amount of times I've taken a flight and come back with horrible illness. Aeroplane air con is a nightmare for spreading disease.

To true. Used to be cleaner air when peyote smoked as they pumped in fresh air! Now they keep recycle the same **** air. 

PistoldPete2

I think it's a fitness issue, I don't think the players are fit enough at this stage of the season, they all look knackered! RD mentioned it again today that the players look drained and there needs to be questioned asked on the fitness work done in pre season, hence so many injuries at the minute 

Not much wrong with the fitness if we can come back from 3-1 down away from home twice in 2 games. 

Archived