Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe. There's no real rush on it  all though. Yes we'd prefer to get him in before Pre-Season starts, but missing a day - a week of pre-season is not going to turn him into a potato come opening day. We shouldn't worry about it taking a while, until news comes out that he's accepted a new deal at Hull or someone else has met Hull's (not clause based) valuation.

I reckon if a Prem team matches the clause Hull would accept. They'd surely much rather lose him to a Prem team than a promotion rival. That's my only worry with it taking a while, that another team misses out on their main target and sees Ince as the next best option

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon if a Prem team matches the clause Hull would accept. They'd surely much rather lose him to a Prem team than a promotion rival. That's my only worry with it taking a while, that another team misses out on their main target and sees Ince as the next best option

Yeah, luckily, other than Newcastle (well, Steve Mac) who won't spend any money I think Derby are the only team that Ince would go to interested in him. My point being, I think all other Prem teams will steer well clear of him until he has a couple of uncontroversial, successful seasons.

Yeah, luckily, other than Newcastle (well, Steve Mac) who won't spend any money I think Derby are the only team that Ince would go to interested in him. My point being, I think all other Prem teams will steer well clear of him until he has a couple of uncontroversial, successful seasons.

Hope you're right, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the promoted teams to come in for him

I concur.

If premier league sides were interested personally I'd have thought that they would have shown their hand when he left Blackpool.

After something of a no show in the premier league for Tom last year can't really see anyone paying more money for him other than ourselves and that's solely due to how well he did for our team.

Again I'd be very happy to see him lining up in a Derby shirt this season.

My mate is cellino the Leeds owner and he sympathises with us as it must be very taxing! 

I think there's some misunderstanding of the "release clause" for the Ince deal. It's clear that Hull would prefer not to sell. When we loaned Ince in the first instance I said it would only make sense if we had negotiated a pre-agreed price to buy at the end of the loan. Happily it has become apparent that we did just that. This price is extremely unlikely to apply for any other club. Since Ince came to Derby his star has risen again and it may be that other clubs, some from the Prem, would be interested. But they would have to pay a lot more than the unique-to-Derby price. If the price is, say, £4.5m to Derby, it's likely £7-8m to anyone else, meaning we are very likely the final destination, even if it takes much of the summer to negotiate the payment terms. Just because we have money, doesn't mean we shouldn't drive a hard bargain.

I think there's some misunderstanding of the "release clause" for the Ince deal. It's clear that Hull would prefer not to sell. When we loaned Ince in the first instance I said it would only make sense if we had negotiated a pre-agreed price to buy at the end of the loan. Happily it has become apparent that we did just that. This price is extremely unlikely to apply for any other club. Since Ince came to Derby his star has risen again and it may be that other clubs, some from the Prem, would be interested. But they would have to pay a lot more than the unique-to-Derby price. If the price is, say, £4.5m to Derby, it's likely £7-8m to anyone else, meaning we are very likely the final destination, even if it takes much of the summer to negotiate the payment terms. Just because we have money, doesn't mean we shouldn't drive a hard bargain.

No i think what the suggestion is, is this:

If Hull think Ince is going to go to Derby for £4.5m because of the unique-to-derby price they would, at that stage, prefer to sell him to another team who does not play in the same division for £4.5m. The clause is unique-to-us but if they're only going to get 4.5m for him they'll throw that number around to other teams. 

But until they are certain Ince is going they will be telling other teams what they want, as you say, 7-8m.

I don't think it would happen but that's the thinking behind people worrying.

If Hull think Ince is going to go to Derby for £4.5m because of the unique-to-derby price they would, at that stage, prefer to sell him to another team who does not play in the same division for £4.5m. The clause is unique-to-us but if they're only going to get 4.5m for him they'll throw that number around to other teams. 

But until they are certain Ince is going they will be telling other teams what they want, as you say, 7-8m.

Not far off.

Don't even know what the clause is, but if it was £4.5m and we say we will pay that then we get first dibs on a contract offer. But that doesn't stop them agreeing £4.5m with others, then allowing the player to choose. But I think the wrangling over payment probably isn't too far from the truth... we probably will pay whatever the release clause is but Hull are trying to squeeze us for as much up front as possible to stop us using it elsewhere on the team.

Learning point for Sam Rush - next time we agree a price on a loan-to-buy player, agree the terms of payment as well as the fee.

Lots of sense in that but we have the added bonus that it will be up to Tom and his old man. After what must be the debacle of Hull in their eyes, they'd want some pretty strong guarantees of first team football if looking at the Prem or, for instance, Serie A. They might trust McClaren on that given Ince's playing record at Derby. But word is that Newcastle really are not in for him.

Learning point for Sam Rush - next time we agree a price on a loan-to-buy player, agree the terms of payment as well as the fee.

Maybe he did and Hull didn't realise and that is what has been the hold up

I'm still fairly convinced there is no hold up. I'm pretty sure Derby were always planning to wait a little while before finalising it. I am surprised, if we are in for Bridcutt and everything's OK that it hasn't happened more quickly.

You want the free agents (everyone other than Weimann) before they're snapped up, and the players who would be completely new to the group to be in as soon as possible (Weimann + everyone plus Bent)

but there's no need to rush Tom

If the club is certain of getting him, PC will know that and will have him in his thoughts when he's considering tactics. Really is no rush.

I think it will happen it's a matter of when. And so to save face with Steve Bruce by him pleading to the fans that he did everything to make him stay. I think they call it 'face saving'

My fiance is from near Hull, her family are all Hull fans. Bruce's time is coming to and end. People are fed up with him and his "useless" son. Unless they do superbly well (i.e. in the top two come Christmas) he will be gone by then. Doesn't matter what he says in regards to Ince any more.

To the fans, putting the clause in the loan was a ludicrous decision and just further cemented the opinion that those running the club are idiots.

I think it will happen it's a matter of when. And so to save face with Steve Bruce by him pleading to the fans that he did everything to make him stay. I think they call it 'face saving' 

Old Steve Bruce has got a face that is in need of saving.

My fiance is from near Hull, her family are all Hull fans. Bruce's time is coming to and end. People are fed up with him and his "useless" son. Unless they do superbly well (i.e. in the top two come Christmas) he will be gone by then. Doesn't matter what he says in regards to Ince any more.

To the fans, putting the clause in the loan was a ludicrous decision and just further cemented the opinion that those running the club are idiots.

Worst….

Pun….

EVAR

Worst….

Pun….

EVAR

Didn't even realise I'd started it in the same vein as all of those jokes until you said that, made me laugh though.

I'm still fairly convinced there is no hold up. I'm pretty sure Derby were always planning to wait a little while before finalising it. I am surprised, if we are in for Bridcutt and everything's OK that it hasn't happened more quickly.

You want the free agents (everyone other than Weimann) before they're snapped up, and the players who would be completely new to the group to be in as soon as possible (Weimann + everyone plus Bent)

but there's no need to rush Tom

If the club is certain of getting him, PC will know that and will have him in his thoughts when he's considering tactics. Really is no rush.

Other than Sam, obviously. 

PistoldPete2

if ince wants to come to Derby its a done deal. As you say there may be a possibility of other teams being interested. But no real interest from anyone else has been even rumoured. So barring late interest from someone else, it's between us and hull. Following hulls relegation, Bruce now says he wants to keep ince. They may offer him a new contract, although he's now in the last year of his current one and hasn't even been offered a new one. Seems a lot of talk from hull, but may be too little too late. 

I doubt to be fair that Bruce inserted the clause.  Assem Allam, Ass to his mates, xxxx to most Hull fans, has not had much luck with his dealings has he? What has he spent up there to have them back in the Championship? Probably north of £100m and he hasn't got much in truth within the squad to show for it. I suspect he is trying his best to maximise the deal to keep his wife happy, who has probably told him to stop worrying about changing the club's name to Hull Tigers and to do something about getting their money back to stop her changing her surname.  Not sure how this guy made his money in the first place; probably selling fridges.

Archived