67 y.o Blackpool fan sued £20,000

RamFan13

Didn't want to disappoint you Eddie :)

Whilst there was nothing wrong with your post, it was the links that may have taken the topic the way that would give me squeeky bum tim. I don't have a spare £20k sadly.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst there was nothing wrong with your post, it was the links that may have taken the topic the way that would give me squeeky bum tim. I don't have a spare £20k sadly.

Is squeaky bum Tim the bailiff that comes to collect the £20k ?

​No worries Daveo.

With those <expletive deleted> <expletive deleted>, I wouldn't be surprised if they sued the sea for being too rough when they went sailing, so just mentioning the <expletive deleted> on a website would probably make them pay rather closer attention to a person than I would feel comfortable with.

Incidentally, 'Oyston' is an anagram of 'Snooty'. Blackpool fans are currently having a lot of fun with old Dandy cartoons featuring Snitch and Snatch etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Still cannot believe police force goes AWOL ....ok, it was a peaceful enough invasion....but after 15minutes have to take action to get game going agian.....a dangerous precedent could have been set...walk on pitch, stand there...rozzers observe...hour later game called off !! 

Home huddersfield fans take Blackpool to court for match ticket refund 

Still cannot believe police force goes AWOL ....ok, it was a peaceful enough invasion....but after 15minutes have to take action to get game going agian.....a dangerous precedent could have been set...walk on pitch, stand there...rozzers observe...hour later game called off !! 

Home huddersfield fans take Blackpool to court for match ticket refund 

Hmmm, I wonder if we could have done that at 85 mins. Game abandoned. Replay it another day, when we feeling like playing less rubbish. 

if it was a match with something riding on it it would have been even worse.

its not the right thing to do, and in the end probably wont help, but i do understand it.

they should award hudders the 3 points.

They probably will, they're not going to replay the match now, it would be an absolute farce. But that does leave Blackpool with the lowest points in the second tier in history. The derby of the second tier. They could have won this match and avoided that unenviable title. 

Sith Happens

if it was a match with something riding on it it would have been even worse.

its not the right thing to do, and in the end probably wont help, but i do understand it.

they should award hudders the 3 points.

​and refund all huddersfield fans...

They probably will, they're not going to replay the match now, it would be an absolute farce. But that does leave Blackpool with the lowest points in the second tier in history. The derby of the second tier. They could have won this match and avoided that unenviable title. 

​The match cannot be replayed, because after tomorrow, Blackpool are down to 6 professional players. Everyone else is out of contract. That is how much Karl Oyston hates Blackpool. He is hell-bent on killing the club out of spite.

​The match cannot be replayed, because after tomorrow, Blackpool are down to 6 professional players. Everyone else is out of contract. That is how much Karl Oyston hates Blackpool. He is hell-bent on killing the club out of spite.

​Pretty sure that pro contracts tend to expire at the end of June. Still what Oyston is doing is a disgrace thank goodness for GSE & Mel Morris.

I'd bloody love it as a Huddersfield fan, a once in a lifetime chance to say you were there when something memorable happened.

It'd take one petty bugger to demand a refund IMO

I was going to say the same thing. It was always going to be a pretty nothing game, but now they can say they were there. It's not like it's a million miles away either, not like it's Boro away at Brighton or something. 

Having said tgat, if I was a Blackpool fan is be encouraging them to ask for a refund, more money out of the oik-stons pockets. It wouldn't be money coming out of the club, as the oystons aren't putting any money in in the first place.

I'd bloody love it as a Huddersfield fan, a once in a lifetime chance to say you were there when something memorable happened.

It'd take one petty bugger to demand a refund IMO

Really? One petty bugger to demand the football match he paid for? I know we're owned by Americans but surely sport still comes above the show.

Really? One petty bugger to demand the football match he paid for? I know we're owned by Americans but surely sport still comes above the show.

​Luckily for us, the Amigos left before it came to the level of pitch invasions. That's because their illegal activities were in the process of being uncovered and they ran. I had voted with my feet during their tenure, had cancelled my season ticket and refused them one more penny of my money. If the Co-op bank hadn't forced the issue, who knows what might have happened? 

Regarding Blackpool, it's not about poor performances on the pitch - it's about an ownership who seem to be deliberately bleeding the club dry for their own financial gain, and using confrontational tactics to antagonise as many people as possible in the process. What other reason could there be for removing the Mortenson statue - a focal point for the demonstration - and doing it by sawing through the metal supports which would have invariably damaged it.

Once you have examined then navigated all other avenues, direct action is the only road left. Yesterday was the culmination of two years spent searching those other avenues for a solution. A hefty fine, which will surely be the inevitable result of yesterday's actions, will hit the Oystons in the pocket. A points deduction next season will handicap Blackpool in League 1, but that is not a concern for Blackpool fans. They want the rapist and the fly-tipper out of their club - and they are prepared to go to the Conference or see the club killed off to achieve it. Then they can start again - from nothing if need be.

As you are all no doubt aware, Blackpool's game against Huddersfield was abandoned on Saturday. This was the culmination of two years action by Blackpool fans in dispute with Owen and Karl Oyston over the financing - or rather the lack of it (in fact, the total opposite applies) - of their club. The abandonment followed a pitch invasion by between 150 and 300 fans who occupied the centre circle for an hour.

I'm sure that some of you will have seen reports surrounding 'Mobility Man' - a 60 year old gentleman who 'invaded' the pitch on a mobility scooter. This film of his invasion has now gone mega-viral with millions of views world-wide, and has generated a huge amount of interest as far as media outlets (national newspapers and national television) are concerned. 

One thing that the Oystons did to try to nip protests in the bud was the removal of the fans' beloved 'Morty' statue - both sneakily and clumsily removed from its plinth outside Bloomfield Road on Thursday night. It transpires that the return of the statue - promised today - cannot now happen because it has been damaged (supporting struts were sawn through with an angle-grinder), and Stan Mortenson's grand-niece was understandably livid when she was interviewed by the BBC earlier today.

The statue was funded by fans and the local council 10 years ago, consequently it has now been reported to the police as having been 'stolen'.

Archived