Millwall vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

​Laughable that you think that was a 'clear penalty'.

He's slid in from about 2 yards away. 

Do you really think Keogh has dived in, in a crucial situation like that, deliberately placing the position of his arms to increase the chances of him blocking it?

He's just slid in ffs, and the ball happened to have smashed his arm from point blank range. 

​Effectively, Keogh spread himself and made the save. Had it been Grant doing the same, he'd have been applauded.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the fuss on Radio Derby, I thought Keogh's was a clear penalty. I had it on slowmo but couldn't see it hit his foot - it looked to me as if the ball struck his arm directly, in one of those situations where you'd say it was a great save if the keeper had blocked it that way. Evenif it did hit his foot and bounce onto his arm, his arm was up above his head in a way it would inevitably block any shot aimed there. Ref had no choice. Top defenders never slide in like that with their arms up in the air, effectively spreading themselves.

​Funny you should say that. There was a very similar penalty claim against Gary Cahill earlier today which was (correctly) not given. Surely top defenders (PL team of the year? England international?) don't do that though...

I watched the decisions, then googled the referee.

He's Nottingham born-and-inbred. 

Seriously, though, there is every chance he is a Forest fan - or at least has strong Forest connections - so it's hard to be surprised.

No more so than that knob at Birmingham, who I believe was a Bournemouth fan, and of course the one at Wolves. 

When it comes to referees, we've really been given a rough ride this season. 

I wouldn't have given a penalty for any of them.

More likely 2 yellows for a case of trying it on for each team.

But then I think physical contact should be allowed. 

As for the handball. I'll accept that's a handball if the ref can do a sliding block with his hands behind his back. 

They're not spread. They aren't low. They aren't unnatural. They're up protecting his face. 

Ah well, at least it was entertaining and our Jeffrey smashed in the best goal of the match. 

Didn't think that many gestured death threats was possible in 90 minutes, they'll all be cripples by 50.

Millwall were desperate and fair play to them that direct ball they played got us worried every single time. 

Good to see Ricardo Fuller still turning out, think he had two good chances as well. Kept saying we should nick him off Stoke when he dropped out of their starting 11, what a player.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it Valley? Did you never have a bike for Christmas, or have you never kissed a girl perhaps, as there must be something more eating away at you than wee Craig not playing. You really are a bitter and twisted, and I would suspect little, man.

What is it Valley? Did you never have a bike for Christmas, or have you never kissed a girl perhaps, as there must be something more eating away at you than wee Craig not playing. You really are a bitter and twisted, and I would suspect little, man.

That is funny , chuckle. 

Archived