Playoff possibilities

Southernram1774

I'm flirting with the nasty idea of playing Middlesbrough in the playoffs as it would be so typical for Paddy to do it again.

We can't play like we have done against them twice this season.

I would almost certainly play Thorne and Hendrick holding but am interested in what others think.

Would it change if we were to play other teams?

Thorne may not be fit, what then?

We would need a settled back four - what would yours be?

This is all making the absurd assumption that we will make the playoffs - I am not naive enough to think this is a given.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If playing the away leg last is that much of a disadvantage we should not even bother honouring the ties if we do get into the playoffs then 

It wasn't a disadvantage at all in this case. We went on to win the tie; in fact we won both of the games. 

PistoldPete2

Sorry comment wasn't directed at you per se was just trying to illustrate people are reading too much into which ties are at home first or away, I seem to remember us playing against ten men for half a game and still losing. ..

When was that? We played 10 men  Watford for half a game but drew that ... Nothing really tops forest playing us for 90 minutes when we only had 10 men, and still losing . 

A midweek away game at either Bournemouth, Norwich, Boro or Watford is hardly appealing logistically. Bournemouth a good "away" day on beer, but as only a paltry 1,500 max tickets provided will be frustrating.

at least it will be an evening kick off, as opposed to playing away first leg at stupid o'clock ......Norwich at 12.15pm anyone ???, will allow us to travel in numbers

millwall away is indeed on,y time in play offs we have had away leg as the second match .....and that was some day trip!

last fan home was one who got shot in the leg and hospitalised !! 

I would prefer Watford away second leg ..... For logistical reasons

i would prefer boro away second leg as we will have a lot of tickets and they are I believe less dangerous than Watford 

Limp on into the play offs, let everyone think we're a dead duck, lull them into a false sense of security, then spring into action, smash all three games and get promoted.

That is the plan, isn't it?

You missed the bit about Shaun Barker coming off the bench in the 91st minute at Wmbley to head the winner in from a corner.

Archived