Thorne Injury

ChaddesdenRam

I just watched parts of the game back on TV and it looked like he was about to cry as he was being substituted. I feel for him, so much talent but always injured. 

Any news as to what injury he went off with, was it related to the one he had before or a completely new injury?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was having a scan today, on his thigh.  View of player I spoke to today was this is likely the end of season for GT ...... Which makes Eustace second operation even harder to take.

Sith Happens

I think its a bit harsh, when do you decide to play him? If the player, physios etc say he is ok to play, and in training he looks ok...then why not.

In the end it backfired, but for 10-15 minutes it looked an inspired move. Had he been on the bench, and we ended up losing, and he came on for the last 10-15 mins and he played well, then would we be saying if hes fit for the bench hes fit to play from the start?

It was a gamble - one that didn't pay off.

Putting Martin on was a massive gamble too - but he came through the 15 minutes unscathed and produced a through-ball to Bent which was every bit as good as the pass Guedioura made to give Watford their equaliser. That was a gamble that very nearly did pay off.

So McClaren now has to make the same sort of decision tomorrow about Martin that he made with Thorne - to start him or not to start him? Whether he does or whether he doesn't, for some people, it will be the wrong decision - dependent entirely on the outcome, of course.

Hindsight is always 20:20.

So many of you make me laugh. Even Mr Fickle of Fickle Town would blanche at some of the Bolleaux written on this forum.

This time last year so many were getting so excited that a young lad who played c12 games for us was a genius, hero, God. Some spent most of May and June on this forum posting 100s and 1000s of please come, please come messages.  When he signed there was a champagne shortage in Derbyshire.

He gets an injury, a serious injury, but he fights his way back by working his bloody socks off and putting himself through the mill, and for many he came back to play earlier than expected, and for a few earlier than perhaps he should of.

He has now got another injury, probably related to coming back too early with much of his remediation concentrating on his knee.  He has a thigh strain, not a knee injury, but I suspect he might feel like he has a groin strain seeing how many on different threads are currently kicking him in the balls. He needs time to heal properly. And racing him back is going to do him no good. If either Eustace or Omar had been fit recently, I think it almost certain he would not have played against Watford.  If you want to blame anyone, blame the management for not bringing in another CDM a few weeks back, and then for playing him because they panicked. GET OFF THE LAD'S BACK.

Oh, and compare and contrast some posters who currently think Thorne a waste of space and money, but think Barker an absolute legend. You really couldn't make it up.

So many of you make me laugh, Part 2. 

Whilst I am on a roll, also I see many who think that Keogh is an absolute car crash, and Bryson a money-grabbing failing midfielder, think that Sean Dyche is the answer to our prayers. Quite admire the job Dyche has done myself, but wasn't it Dyche who when he had money last summer picked Keogh and Bryson as his 2 key signings?

If he is fit and ready, save him for the play offs if we make it and he can. Which is over a month away. Don't want to bring him back early again. He is one player we can guarantee will be here next season and the one player we need ready for next season and not this. 

So many of you make me laugh. Even Mr Fickle of Fickle Town would blanche at some of the Bolleaux written on this forum.

This time last year so many were getting so excited that a young lad who played c12 games for us was a genius, hero, God. Some spent most of May and June on this forum posting 100s and 1000s of please come, please come messages.  When he signed there was a champagne shortage in Derbyshire.

Archived