England U21 v Germany U21

Inverurie Ram

If he gets to be nearly as good as Scholes he'll probably end up with more caps than him, somewhat ironic I suppose.

I disagree with the Hendrick comparison though. I see where you're coming from (and I do rate him) but he hasn't an ounce of Scholes' tactical nous or ability to read a game and is not really capable of being a playmaker, whereas these are some of Hughes' best qualities. I guess if you combined both their best features, maybe throw in Bryson's work rate for good measure, they'd be getting somewhere towards a Scholes type of player?

He really was a monster, shame he rarely got to properly show it for England.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he gets to be nearly as good as Scholes he'll probably end up with more caps than him, somewhat ironic I suppose.

I disagree with the Hendrick comparison though. I see where you're coming from (and I do rate him) but he hasn't an ounce of Scholes' tactical nous or ability to read a game and is not really capable of being a playmaker, whereas these are some of Hughes' best qualities. I guess if you combined both their best features, maybe throw in Bryson's work rate for good measure, they'd be getting somewhere towards a Scholes type of player?

He really was a monster, shame he rarely got to properly show it for England.

Several of the bookings that Hughes has received this season are the result of other people cocking things up and Hughes realising that he has had to stop his man at all costs.

'Taking one for the team', so to speak.

systems don't win football matches, players do. 

You should never (when you can't buy the right players) pick players that fit a system, you should pick a system that fits the players you have at your disposal. 

Barkley, a Wilshere, ward prowse, Hughes, lallana we have central midfielders with technical ability. We also have the one thing that defenders are scared most of in abundance (pace) Rodriguez (jay) sterling Walcott the Ox welbeck. With the closest thing to a world class player we have upfront in Rooney. With another English man being the top scorer so far this season (Kane). Kane could be a Heskey like foil for the attacking players, but with the ability to score too. 

Clyne and shaw will be brilliant fullbacks eventually, John stones, Callum chambers both give me hope for the defence. Both ball playing defenders. 

I genuinely domt understand why we can't turn up to a tournament and actually compete. We're not the best team in the world not even in the top 10 but there's no excuses for not doing better than we have been doing recently. 

Winning the PL isn't actually that big of as deal anymore, as a number of pretty rubbish players like John O'Shea have won it. As for taking Bayern apart? When? I'm pretty sure Bayern have gotten the better over City in recent years and as mentioned before, making statements based on one game is pointless. Miles Addison got the better of Scholes, doesn't make him anything other than a League One plodder.

You are Will Hughes I collect my 200 . 

Obsessed or what with one Derby player who is just a Derby player no more no less. 

What will you do when he leaves happy clapper. 

Ive got news for you I'm not a troll and we have a squad of players not just Will Hughes. 

You are Will Hughes I collect my 200 . 

Obsessed or what with one Derby player who is just a Derby player no more no less. 

What will you do when he leaves happy clapper. 

Ive got news for you I'm not a troll and we have a squad of players not just Will Hughes. 

​You talk like you know so much but don't seem to know much about what has actually occured? Last 5 head to head Man City won 2 and Bayern 3. Messi destroyed Milner? You mean he megged someone? You really are clutching at straws there. But I remember now, you are the guy that has some kind of weird boner over Messi. 

Actually use facts rather than guessing at things: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-vs-bayern-last-8171060

Here you can watch Milner assist the first, win the penalty for the 2nd and then score an awful plodding strike for the winner:

Archived