Forget bad refs and all that

glyn1957

Hi , I really don't like saying this but we are not as good as last season and that's it,if the board were serious people we would have had a cover striker in when Martin was injured as cover for Bent but we haven't .

I am sure there  are many people like me who have purchased season tickets for next season for  myself and my grandson and my friend has purchased them for his two children at a cost of a few hundred pounds.

Now I am resigned to yet another season in the championship but for goodness sake Derby stop taking the p@ss out of loyal fans we are not a cash cow to be milked . Tell the truth, don't tell us that George Thorne may be fit and get a couple of thousand fans on the gate then disappoint most of the crowd ,just tell us they have  no chance  and at a pinch they may make the play offs if we have enough points, as my mum said honesty is the best policy.

For goodness  sake  good news or bad ,like it or not, just be honest with the fans and we will  turn up week in week out .

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi , I really don't like saying this but we are not as good as last season and that's it,if the board were serious people we would have had a cover striker in when Martin was injured as cover for Bent but we haven't .

I am sure there  are many people like me who have purchased season tickets for next season for  myself and my grandson and my friend has purchased them for his two children at a cost of a few hundred pounds.

Now I am resigned to yet another season in the championship but for goodness sake Derby stop taking the p@ss out of loyal fans we are not a cash cow to be milked . Tell the truth, don't tell us that George Thorne may be fit and get a couple of thousand fans on the gate then disappoint most of the crowd ,just tell us they have  no chance  and at a pinch they may make the play offs if we have enough points, as my mum said honesty is the best policy.

For goodness  sake  good news or bad ,like it or not, just be honest with the fans and we will  turn up week in week out .

PistoldPete2

We have played better football this year than last. We have not had the strikers we had last year... Leon best was a waste of a shirt plus martin has been injured which he wasn't last year, the defence has been worse at defending but christie has given us more going forward.  The refs have been bad both seasons but I think this year they have been even worse than last. On balance it now looks likely we will finish with fewer points than last year despite playing better football , due to a combination of all these things. 

Serious question - have Maclarens loans been better this season or last?

difficult i know as they have been different. But Leon Best - that was a turkey call. We haven't had an Andre. Weve had a Warnock but that doesn't seem to have worked out at all. We haven't managed a George this time around.

Funny how it all pans out

I  can't believe that the promised return of George Thorne, from a thigh niggle, adds thousands to the gate tbh.

Maybe for an FA Cup game, 1st reappearance of the season when prices were cheap, but not now we've seen his return already.

Haha people blaming the board now.. What next Mclaren oh wait.. that's already happened! The excuse which is actually a fact is we've got injuries in key positions. Listening to a interview they said we can go and be unbeaten all season when we come back I totally agree.

P.s. where is the Martin bashers...?

Archived