Why are we all on here?

halifaxram

Well, some are hankering after success, some like a good moan, and some see it as an opportunity to relish what we have.

What we have, is a team who let us down occasionally in terms of results, and sometimes are responsible for errors of judgement, or downright clangers. 

But, what we also have, is a team who can delight us with their movement, one touch football, and sheer willingness to do things right.

Ok, so some of the other contenders are either, better organised, tougher, or more resilient than us, but I know I get a tremendous sense of pleasure and pride watching the style with which our lads express themselves.

Tonight, against Wolves, I know who I would like to watch, week in week out, and if that has to be in the championship, so be it.  

I have a strong conviction though, that our time is yet to come. If luck/bad-luck evens itself out over a season, then we surely have one heck of a few weeks to look forward to.

COYR

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, speaking to the title of this thread........

It's either talking to you lot, or spending time with the wife on our 17th wedding anniversary. Simple really.............

I agree with your analgy of the team and also admire your optimism. Can help bu feel our football last season looked better.

In responce to your OP I gain solace in talking with fellow Derby fans as I neither live nor work with many others. Its nice to get others take on things no matter how insane :D

I agree with your analgy of the team and also admire your optimism. Can help bu feel our football last season looked better.

In responce to your OP I gain solace in talking with fellow Derby fans as I neither live nor work with many others. Its nice to get others take on things no matter how insane :D

​I would agree with your point about last season, however, possibly only applicable to the last 3 months. I do think we have a better squad now, and the only thing that is lacking is a consistent run with a settled match day team. The international break may be just what is required.

Believe me, if we get it together, no-one will want Derby in the play-offs.

My primary goal is to chastise all the negative Nancys. Apart from that, I'm here to distract myself from studying and discuss the team I love. I was banned in a previous life and thus missed a few years of posting so I could live without it but based on the number of times I check the forum every day, that isn't believable nowadays. 

Its a pleasure to watch this team when they click. Barcelona esque at times the way we dominate. As much as I enjoy winning in the Champ it frustrates me that there is a possibility we wont see this team in the Prem. We are so well equipped for the top tier with our brand of football, its just getting there thats the hard part!

​I would agree with your point about last season, however, possibly only applicable to the last 3 months. I do think we have a better squad now, and the only thing that is lacking is a consistent run with a settled match day team. The international break may be just what is required.

Believe me, if we get it together, no-one will want Derby in the play-offs.

Its a pleasure to watch this team when they click. Barcelona esque at times the way we dominate. As much as I enjoy winning in the Champ it frustrates me that there is a possibility we wont see this team in the Prem. We are so well equipped for the top tier with our brand of football, its just getting there thats the hard part!

My primary goal is to chastise all the negative Nancys. Apart from that, I'm here to distract myself from studying and discuss the team I love. I was banned in a previous life and thus missed a few years of posting so I could live without it but based on the number of times I check the forum every day, that isn't believable nowadays. 

​I perhaps should have guessed from your avatar and strapline mate. Ah well. Welcome back. Me - have always been Hants. Always inoffensive. Well, apart from a spat with some vast Forest oaf whose moniker was Bobby Larsson.

Quite liked the pair of youse. Told it as it was - which of course was mainly s***e at that time.

Memories.....

Well, some are hankering after success, some like a good moan, and some see it as an opportunity to relish what we have.

What we have, is a team who let us down occasionally in terms of results, and sometimes are responsible for errors of judgement, or downright clangers. 

But, what we also have, is a team who can delight us with their movement, one touch football, and sheer willingness to do things right.

Ok, so some of the other contenders are either, better organised, tougher, or more resilient than us, but I know I get a tremendous sense of pleasure and pride watching the style with which our lads express themselves.

Tonight, against Wolves, I know who I would like to watch, week in week out, and if that has to be in the championship, so be it.  

I have a strong conviction though, that our time is yet to come. If luck/bad-luck evens itself out over a season, then we surely have one heck of a few weeks to look forward to.

COYR

I'm in exile, so the board helps me feel involved.

Agree with the sentiments, we have a team to love at the moment.

Whatever will be will be, but we've still had the 2 best seasons sine the 90s - there was the Burley team wo were also attractive, although behind the scenes things were "shady" and the poison warf's side who succeed in going up, but were not a side that you could love - I still feel that if we go up, we'll make a good fist of it and the side that goes up will be very fondly remembered for years to come.

Uptherams, I agree completely.

Archived