Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Lol Usyk's promoter has got a spot on read on Fury. 

It's funny cos it's true. Well nearly. Here's the boar munching bellend's latest gobshite tweet having had his bluff called on the 70/30 split. I think he's just too big for Usyk to beat, but I would love to see the Ukrainian shut that stupid mouth of his. All respect for Fury is gone now, as he just comes across as a classless p**** who'll chat any old shyte to try and pretend it's not him that's dodging fights. It's gone beyond pathetic now.

I'm fond of Fury because I recognise flaws of my own in him. So I forgive some of his contradictions because it is possible to feel completely different day to day. 

But sometimes he's just a massive tool and you, me and everyone else can't expect the world to make allowances for you. Sometimes there's no excuse and you need to be told you're a dick. 

I can't stand Warren and Arum anyway. I know Hearn is slippery but he puts on good shows. Arum too puts on a good show but the guy is bitter. 

Warren though. Absolute con artist living off the past fights. Any deal that involves him is always messy. He panders to Fury and between them they probably think they can sell any old crap and Usyk will cave in on every deal. 

I’d be surprised if Fury and Ustk gets done now for April 29. I’ve read there have been more hiccups from Fury’s side after Usyk accepted 70/30.

Talk of Usyk - Dubois now.

Which leads me to ask how Dubios has become a mandatory challenger for the belt after he lost to Joyce.

I’d have thought somebody like Andy Ruiz would be higher up in the rankings.

One side is lying out their arse, thats the most annoying thing. 

Boxing could do with one governing body, that’s it, they decide the fights on rankings. Refuse a fight, pull out twice you lose ranking points and any belt.

60/40 standard split in favour of the higher ranked fighter. 

Warren, Hearn and all those can just work on their fighters sponsorships and all the PR stuff. 

This back and forth with instagram stories thing at each other like kids on a school playground is pathetic.

28 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The heavyweight division has simply imploded over the last 2 to 3 years. The huge fights fell by the wayside and this latest fiasco with Fury and Usyk should see the former safely off into his retirement. I'm at the point now where I just think good riddance tbh. 

Mental health advocate right there.

Tyson is a joke. His record is pretty terrible, he hasn't fought the guys in his time. It'll always go down as a what if. A shame. 

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Mental health advocate right there.

Tyson is a joke. His record is pretty terrible, he hasn't fought the guys in his time. It'll always go down as a what if. A shame. 

He had to fight Usyk or AJ. I mean, how many times can he talk up Chisora? He did seem willing to take any fight at one point, but it appears that's just history now. He could have quit at the top with his legacy intact, but instead has boxed relative no-hopers for the easy coin, whilst slaughtering everyone else for dodging him. It also appears that he might be back on the, cough, wild boar too. The lack of respect for Usyk is not a good look.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

If we're accusing someone of lying then it's safe to bet on Frank. 

Well, he doesn't lie. He just cons. 

I've not see the deal but I imagine it's Usyk accepted 70/30 but wanted it reversed in the rematch (so 50/50 then). That's the bit Usyk team won't admit. 

But Tyson's team will have priced themselves out of it anyway. How can they think it's a 70/30. 🤣

They just wanna fight Joyce. It's in house, Tyson will get the big share. Usyk will get older and then we can have another 8 months to negotiate making him older still. 

There's no way on earth Frank can afford Tyson to lose. He'd be back to his leisure centres in Swindon

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

He had to fight Usyk or AJ. I mean, how many times can he talk up Chisora? He did seem willing to take any fight at one point, but it appears that's just history now. He could have quit at the top with his legacy intact, but instead has boxed relative no-hopers for the easy coin, whilst slaughtering everyone else for dodging him. It also appears that he might be back on the, cough, wild boar too. The lack of respect for Usyk is not a good look.

Ruined the rematch with Wlad, and wouldn't fight AJ or Usyk by deliberately blowing up the deals by being unreasonable. But I suppose we can always hope for the long awaited rematch against Sefer Seferi or the 4th fight against Chisora. Fury's legacy is built on the premise that Wilder is actually as good as he makes out, but who has Wilder beaten himself? 

It's a joke how he has treated Usyk, the man with the majority of the belts. Usyk will build himself a better heavyweight legacy than Fury ever has. 

Edited by Andicis

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If we're accusing someone of lying then it's safe to bet on Frank. 

Well, he doesn't lie. He just cons. 

I've not see the deal but I imagine it's Usyk accepted 70/30 but wanted it reversed in the rematch (so 50/50 then). That's the bit Usyk team won't admit. 

But Tyson's team will have priced themselves out of it anyway. How can they think it's a 70/30. 🤣

They just wanna fight Joyce. It's in house, Tyson will get the big share. Usyk will get older and then we can have another 8 months to negotiate making him older still. 

There's no way on earth Frank can afford Tyson to lose. He'd be back to his leisure centres in Swindon

70/30 is a disgrace and a joke. 

I don't think Usyk or his team are responsible for this fight not happening. Usyk isn't the type of guy to back away from a fight, and seems a pretty straight forward bloke. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ruined the rematch with Wlad, and wouldn't fight AJ or Usyk be deliberately blowing up the deals by being unreasonable. But I suppose we can always hope for the long awaited rematch against Sefer Seferi or the 4th fight against Chisora. Fury's legacy is built on the premise that Wilder is actually as good as he makes out, but who has Wilder beaten himself? 

It's a joke how he has treated Usyk, the man with the majority of the belts. Usyk will build himself a better heavyweight legacy than Fury ever has. 

Sadly I agree. 

Wilder bangs like nothing we've ever seen but who has he faced that isn't there to be hit. Fury... That's it. All the rest have been made for him. He's got guts too tbf to him. He fought like a true warrior Vs Fury. 

The thing is I think Fury beats them all. But clearly Warren doesn't rate him as highly as the rest of us

You know where this is going too don't you? 

Ngannou (that how you spell it?) and Joyce. Then revisit Usyk. 

Ngannou will make a fortune which is a joke. Then Joyce will get punched in the face for 12 rounds before losing on points. IF he did pull off an upset then Frank has a wealthy rematch on his hands and the belt remains in his stable. 

Betya

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Sadly I agree. 

Wilder bangs like nothing we've ever seen but who has he faced that isn't there to be hit. Fury... That's it. All the rest have been made for him. He's got guts too tbf to him. He fought like a true warrior Vs Fury. 

The thing is I think Fury beats them all. But clearly Warren doesn't rate him as highly as the rest of us

For what it's worth, I do think Wilder is pretty good. I just wonder what he would look like fighting someone who could hit him back. If Wilder took a few proper fights it would be more reasonable to gage his skill, but it's very difficult given his record. Fought one top guy and lost convincingly three times. Did show good heart in the final fight though. 

I also would expect Fury to beat them all. It's really surprising that he's been so difficult to negotiate with. It's a travesty that we are missing out on the Usyk fight between two world class heavyweights and finally a chance to unify the belts. But it's on Fury.