Team for Reading?

-JW-

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be a good opportunity to take a look at Warnock sitting just in front of the defence. He has played that role before, and would possibly offer more defensive stability in some of the key games. Much as I like Omar, I still think there is a big gap in front of the defence when especially when we are caught on the break. Cant really rely on Thorne for several weeks yet I think, and Eusty has all the skills but not the mobility.

Grant (needs a good game after Bournemouth antics in first few minutes)

Christie, Keogh, Shotton, Warnock

Omar

Bryson, Hendrick

Lingard, Bent, Ince (maybe Dawkins to give Ince a rest )

Roos

Shotton Albentosa Buxton Warnock

Omar

Lindgard Bryson

Dawkins Bent Ward

Is what I would probably play. Rest Hughes. I think our promotion push depends heavily on that lad.

I agree, important to give Will a rest from having lumps kicked out him, try and keep him fresh for the league. Warnock, lindegaard, Bryson all need a game. For me the cup is an opportunity to ensure our bench is sharp for the league.

Grant

Shotton

Buxton

Albentosa

Warnock

Mascarell

Bryson

Hendrick

Dawkins

Lingard

Bent

It would be good to see George thorne play for a few minutes at the end. Also need to give new players debuts so they're ready for league action if needed. With Martin out for a little bit, would be good to get the game wrapped up and sub on Bennett for bent aswell

Roos

Christie

Albentosa

Keogh

Warnock

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Ince

Bent

Lingard

Albentosa is injured and probably will train next week. Ince is cup tied.

Grant

Shotton

Buxton

Albentosa

Warnock

Mascarell

Bryson

Hendrick

Dawkins

Lingard

Bent

It would be good to see George thorne play for a few minutes at the end. Also need to give new players debuts so they're ready for league action if needed. With Martin out for a little bit, would be good to get the game wrapped up and sub on Bennett for bent aswell

Bennett is injured so as Albentosa.

Archived