Powerful documentaries.

Mostyn6

I'm currently watching one on Channel 4 (Holocaust: Night will Fall) and I don't mind saying that some of the things are affecting me emotionally.

There was a Polish Jew recounting how when he was rescued, he was in a hospital, with Typhus and a high temperature and he was convinced he was dying because he heard music. He later found out it was the Scottish Regiment of the army playing the pipes outside, but he'd never heard the type of music before, and having heard previous stories of angels and music thought he was going to heaven. 

Such beautiful innocence really.

I've seen some good documentaries, but not many move me unless they're about Dogs!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently watching one on Channel 4 (Holocaust: Night will Fall) and I don't mind saying that some of the things are affecting me emotionally.

There was a Polish Jew recounting how when he was rescued, he was in a hospital, with Typhus and a high temperature and he was convinced he was dying because he heard music. He later found out it was the Scottish Regiment of the army playing the pipes outside, but he'd never heard the type of music before, and having heard previous stories of angels and music thought he was going to heaven.

I've seen some good documentaries, but not many move me unless they're about Dogs!

Tbf if I thought I was dying and heard bagpipes, I'd assume it wasn't heaven I was heading for!

The red dogs ? Or the canine variety ?

I went to visit O?wi?cim last year (Auschwitz as it's more commonly known) and that place really gets to you. You probably have to be there to really understand.

I went to visit O?wi?cim last year (Auschwitz as it's more commonly known) and that place really gets to you. You probably have to be there to really understand.

I've heard that. I know people who've been and say that you can actually feel it.

Archived