Tattoos

Chris Mills

I've got a gecko tattoo (in a tribal style) on my arm.

I wanted one for ages and my wife "bought" it me as a present but it then took me almost 2 years to find a design that I liked enough. The pain wasn't too bad but apparently I bled quite a lot.

I would have another one if I saw one I really liked, but I'm not in any hurry.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do understand that tattoos are a very personal thing. I find them very unattractive on the feminine form, but I have been down that path before on this forum and I am not keen to go there again. In respect of tattoos for men, there are many reasons for having them. I understand those who might have them for personal reasons like "mum" and kids names, and allegiances to clubs or organisations. I can also understand those who have them to make themselves look "hard" or find themselves coerced to have them out of peer pressure. I am less sure of what the motivation is to have "beautification" tattoos as my own view is that whilst they might appeal to a certain type of woman, they will appeal much much more to other men of the penis persuasion. Beckham for instance, has I am sure very many more gay men (%) appreciators of his body than straight females (%). It's my view, and perhaps wrong. But hey ho.

Are you Katie Hopkins in disguise? 

I've got a gecko tattoo (in a tribal style) on my arm.

I wanted one for ages and my wife "bought" it me as a present but it then took me almost 2 years to find a design that I liked enough. The pain wasn't too bad but apparently I bled quite a lot.

I would have another one if I saw one I really liked, but I'm not in any hurry.

Why not design your own? I did.

I like tats. I have 10 myself. Always thought I'd rather look at a picture than a blank wall or a tat rather than a piece of skin.Don't get me wrong I feel too many and it can look a mess, but a few here and there look great,depending on what they're of.

I love a tattoo on a woman too.

Archived