We're going to win the league

Forever Rams

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to do best when chasing the top team, so perhaps the best chance of us winning the league

is being one point behind first place going into the last game and hope the top team draws or loses.

That's rubbish. We should aim to win every game. Not play catch up because of a few self inflicted defeats.

Today was just the kick up the arse we needed hopefully but my misses came up we something that I can't get out my head she says we are a team of bottlers in big games I'm starting to think she got something do any think the same

Sadly I fear your Mrs is exactly right.

This is a game where the players should step up and again didn't.

But maybe just maybe this is the catalyst to a starting 11 change and an unbeaten run taking us to the top.

Paul Simpson wasn't a terrible manager.

We were joint top this morning. We've just lost our 6th game in 26. That's one more than Bournemouth. One.

Here it all comes...

No plan B

Should have played 132121

Make Ward captain because he has nice hair

We lack consistency

Not good enough for the PL

Nobody has a plan B. Ipswich don't play 433 possession football. Bournemouth don't start hoofing it. Nigel changed formation and style more times than I changed my pants. Pass in August, hoof in January. 4231, 451, 442 etc etc

A captains armband is nothing. Leaders lead. Whether you have the armband or not. Nobody has any idea of the popularity of each player amongst the others. Who the leader of the group is.

Consistency, we've lost one more than Bournemouth. We're 3 points behind them. 3. That's 1 match.

We consistently win matches and score goals. Look at our record. What is consistency if not our record in the last year. For an inconsistent record see the the midtable teams who win one week and then lose the next. We lose occasionally. Guess what, so does everyone. 6 in 26!!!

What you mean is, we don't win all our matches. No, no we don't. We weren't going to. Neither do Bournemouth apparently.

We're not in the PL. Who gives a **** what this squad would do. This exact squad will never play in the PL. Because it would change on promotion.

You don't prove yourself a PL side while playing in the Champ. Should Southampton worry about the Champions League? Is Fonte going to stop Messi? Who gives a ****?

To be fair we haven't actually lost through being outplayed.

Yes we've lost because the other team were better, but thats largely because we've been poor. If a team comes here, outplays us and beats us and I can say we played well, I'll hold my hands up and admit they're better than us.

When we play well we win, when we don't, we win some and lose some. We need to work out how to win most when we don't play so well, or better yet, cut out sloppiness and stop poor performances like we saw in the second half.

On one side I'm not blindly optimistic, on the other side I'm not negative for the sake of it.

If we find some kind of consistency then we will be fine. I think that 13 match unbeaten run and the consecutive wins prior to Forest was it though.

Apart from that we've ranged from Excellent, to average, to disappointing so far.

I should note that we need another 3 first team players if we want to find some kind of consistency.

Set back today - big picture is we've got the best coaches, best squad, most experience - we're going to win thel league!

I admire your positivity not sure what factual grounding it has though.If we have the best squad then why were we wanting for a defensive midfielder yesterday

Archived