We're going to win the league

Forever Rams

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set back today - big picture is we've got the best coaches, best squad, most experience - we're going to win thel league!

Most experience? In what terms?

Premeir League experience? We don't have much of that in our squad

Coaching? Yes

Championship experience? Yes

Learning from our mistakes to make us stronger? Not so far

Players with lots of apps and goals? Again that's very general. Lots of players have 'championship experience' but that doesn't mean they are good players.

Best squad? In what terms?

Youth prospects? Yes. Will Hughes alone.

Striker? Yes, one of the best in the league

Goalkeeper? Yes, one of the best in the league

Defenders? No, not at the minute.

Midfield? 'On paper' yes. But Eustace is out and Hendrick and Bryson are diabolical at the minute.

Best coaches?

McClaren? Arguably yes, in terms of last experience

Simmo? An excellent coach, terrible manager, great at admin according to McClaren

Steele? Yes. Best goalkeeping coach in the country.

Taking all these things into account, I'd say we're not the best in the league currently, maybe 'on paper' for some people, but that doesn't mean anything unless you have something to show for it in terms of results, consistency and good football.

Nice to see a positive post amongst the over reactions that have taken over the message board.

We have come so far in such a short period, shame we dont channel the efforts in finding a scapegoat into supporting the team.

COYR

Today was just the kick up the arse we needed hopefully but my misses came up we something that I can't get out my head she says we are a team of bottlers in big games I'm starting to think she got something do any think the same

We've had too many 'kick up the *****'s'

Charlton was the first one.

Then it was Leeds

Now it's Forest.

We just need to recapture our form. It's been lost somewhere. With two first team signings we should be fine.

Set back today - big picture is we've got the best coaches, best squad, most experience - we're going to win thel league!

Hallelujah, a positive post!! And one I agree with - well partially, I definitely think we'll finish top two.

In a strange sense, today's loss isn't as devastating as it might ordinarily be. In recent moribund seasons, the games with Forest have been the only highlights in nine months of tedium, dashed hopes & crushing mediocrity. This season however, we are genuinely on course to claim the big prize - which is to get out of this division.

I've always argued we'd lose more games than teams finishing in the top two ordinarily would do because of the way we play - we'll also win a lot more games too. Let Forest have their day, they played well & deserve it. We won't be playing them again for a few years.

I think the most disappointing thing,was going to ipswich last week,getting a great result,but then today neutralises it

My thoughts exactly. We beat one of our proton rivals, then when we have a chance to break away at aside that has won 2 in 22 we completely and utterly blow it.

Second place will be fine with me.

Incredibly tight, even the teams below us have come to within touching distance.

That's what made losing in the last minute today horrible. Not just because it was Forest but because we really can't afford slip ups.

Archived