Ibe's gone, come on Wardy!!!!

Boycie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far as Ibe's concerned, he was still a bit part player, with a lot of potential. He 'could' go on to be a great player, but I can draw easy comparisons with him and Dawkins, they both have flair, pace, power, balance and skill, but both remain inconsistent thus far.

Ibe did OK, he didn't actually set the world on fire. He scored some decent goals but how many assists did he give us. I don't recall any, in fact, I remember being more frustrated with him than anything else.

He got us off our seats with his pace but the end product isn't quite there yet and I for one won't miss him like he was god.

Wardy and Dawkins are more than capable of coming in and doing a job although tomorrow I've got a feeling we are going to change formation slightly and introduce Bent.

McClaren said at last nights Q&A that Bent has been magnificent in training and he is ready to play.

Wardy a much better player than Dawkins or Ibe. Ibe always destined to return to Liverpool.

So Wardy it is and back to a team where 10 of the 11 first choice are still Cloughie signings !

When will people actually acknowledge that on here or on Rad Derby or by Ramage................

Wardy a much better player than Dawkins or Ibe. Ibe always destined to return to Liverpool.

So Wardy it is and back to a team where 10 of the 11 first choice are still Cloughie signings !

When will people actually acknowledge that on here or on Rad Derby or by Ramage................

It's what you do with those signings.

So what you're saying is that Nigel (and his team) are decent scouts then, regardless of their inept coaching methods? Is that correct?

No it was right for Nigel to move on, pressure just dictates that in football, it's success within x years or we make a change. Steve has done a good job but the fact remains Nigel put together a fantastic group of players, Steve has not been able to add to that squad in any way whatsoever. Both did and are doing fantastic jobs. Certainly many on here who criticised the Buckos, Eustace's, Forsyths, Russells, Martins, Wards etc etc really ought...................

No it was right for Nigel to move on, pressure just dictates that in football, it's success within x years or we make a change. Steve has done a good job but the fact remains Nigel put together a fantastic group of players, Steve has not been able to add to that squad in any way whatsoever. Both did and are doing fantastic jobs. Certainly many on here who criticised the Buckos, Eustace's, Forsyths, Russells, Martins, Wards etc etc really ought...................

And we were in for Cyrus Christie in the summer of 2013 :-)

Just too expensive at the time ......

I can see Wardy winding them up and getting a florist sent off tomorrow ......

But I cant see Wardy start.     I strongly feel Bent will start ....which will be awesome

It is interesting the team has stayed together.  As well as showing Nigel could spot a player, it is great for the Team to know the manager did not want to do the usual and bring with him players he "knows"

No just making the point that :

Grant AN Other Bucko Keogh Fossie Bryson Hendrick Hughes ( or Eustace ) Russell Martin and Ward is Cloughs team , end of. Week in week out for 16 months that has been the basis of the side.

All yer Dawkins/Ibes/Shottons etc are neither here nor there.

That is very strange in the modern game for a manager to come in and however hard he tries cannot improve the team he inherited.

I liked Cloughie and  Steve Mac but on the latter he has yet to make that signing or two that makes a difference.

Why have you brought Clough into this discussion?

Absolutely pointless.

Archived