Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Masc was that bad. He won plenty of headers back there, tackled reasonably well nd looked for the most part quite composed in possession.

I just don't think he's a particularly good player without the ball though. Making himself available, positioning, getting across, covering ground etc. Are all areas which are sadly missing and theese are key for a defensive midfielder.

We lost the game in midfield.

The moment Hughes went off, the game massively swung in their favour.

I know what you mean.

I don't think he's awful or anything.

But he does lack 'presence'.

What?

Martin was decent when he got the ball, rarely lost it and won countless freekicks when he had no right to. He could do nothing about that second half.

And Forsyth was for the most part very good. Antonio won nothing from him all game and he made a number of vital interceptions.

He was utterly faultless for both goals too.

I agree with you who quoted. If throwing yourself on the floor every 5 minutes qualifies as a good performance then I suppose you could Martin into that bracket. Did nothing else.

Plus Pearce is a ****

Having cocked up quoting your idiotic wrist slashing post I will offer a response here.

1) How can Martin do well when the passing into him a) poor and b) in the air? If Assombalomga had barely got a good ball, I doubt he'd have had a good game either

2) Do you like winding people up, or are you just a general tw*t?

Having cocked up quoting your idiotic wrist slashing post I will offer a response here.

1) How can Martin do well when the passing into him a) poor and b) in the air? If Assombalomga had barely got a good ball, I doubt he'd have had a good game either

2) Do you like winding people up, or are you just a general tw*t?

Martin could try at least show some passion instead of moaning. If he had the passion of Ward or Russell then he would be better

I thought he showed s lot of class and respect to us in his pre and post interviews, and showed passion on the touch line. No probs with the man.

I'm 100% sure he did the 'get it up you' hand sign to an individual fan after the equaliser.

For what it's worth:

Grant 5/10 - Don't fault him for the goals, but he was an utter liability from crosses. Flapped at too many.

Christie 6/10 - Average, offered little going forward 

Bucko 6/10 - Thought he dealt with the aerial threat well, but his grabbing was unforgivable

Keogh 6/10 - Same as Bucko, in their he performed well but with the ball he looked far too nervous

Forsyth 7/10 - Marked Antonio out the game, got forward when he can and kept possession well.

Mascarell 5/10 - Just not good enough off the ball

Bryson 3/10 - Poor all round, offered zilch and fluffed a big chance in the first half

Hughes 8/10 - Excellent on the ball as per usual and calmed us. The best player on the pitch by far

Russell 6/10 - Good first half, drove at them well and had Lichaj panicking everytime he had the ball. Second half, offered little

Ward 6/10 - Again had the beating of the fullback every time, but couldn't get into the game second half

Martin 7/10 - Did everything you could have expected of him today given the poor service. Won so many free kicks 

Hendrick 3/10 - Same as Bryson, arguably worse. Utterly woeful in that second half, on and off the ball

Bent 5/10 - Offered little, though massively out of position it seemed.

Out of shape with no ideas whole second half. One shot on target all game. Hope Hughes isn't too bad as without him we just look devoid of creativity and mascarell is not a holding player, out of position and exposing the back four all the time. Good at football but poor in that position and we can't afford to have a player learning the role at this point in the season.

Forest could have had a couple more on another day with those goal mouth scrambles which resulted for our poor defending from set pieces.

For what it's worth:

Grant 5/10 - Don't fault him for the goals, but he was an utter liability from crosses. Flapped at too many.

Christie 6/10 - Average, offered little going forward

Bucko 6/10 - Thought he dealt with the aerial threat well, but his grabbing was unforgivable

Keogh 6/10 - Same as Bucko, in their he performed well but with the ball he looked far too nervous

Forsyth 7/10 - Marked Antonio out the game, got forward when he can and kept possession well.

Mascarell 5/10 - Just not good enough off the ball

Bryson 3/10 - Poor all round, offered zilch and fluffed a big chance in the first half

Hughes 8/10 - Excellent on the ball as per usual and calmed us. The best player on the pitch by far

Russell 6/10 - Good first half, drove at them well and had Lichaj panicking everytime he had the ball. Second half, offered little

Ward 6/10 - Again had the beating of the fullback every time, but couldn't get into the game second half

Martin 7/10 - Did everything you could have expected of him today given the poor service. Won so many free kicks

Hendrick 3/10 - Same as Bryson, arguably worse. Utterly woeful in that second half, on and off the ball

Bent 5/10 - Offered little, though massively out of position it seemed.

Martin higher than Russell and Ward? Are you high?

Re - The moment Hughes went off, the game massively swung in their favour. 

This was blatantly true but MCClaren sat and watched the inevitable happen. There is no replacement for Eustace, Got to be Warnock's job until Thorne is back. Hendrick looked pathetic today. We needed another  instead of Hendrick, to see the game out. My wife (not a football fan) could see what the problem was. Get another Eustace type in straight away, unless he signed Warnock to do it. Eustace out for eight weeks so Thorne will be back by then. Another experienced hard man from Holland or similar might be needed. Ward still rusty. Martin was out of touch as were many of the players. Fair play to Florist and Pearce, they deserved to win the match in my opinion.

Archived