Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it with you and your obsession with hoofball.

Derby play there fair share of 'hoofball'. Against Ipswich we were very much hoofball.

They were playing against a top side, they nullified us.

They deserve credit. They were far more dangerous then we were.

Erm, my obsession is that such hoofball has absolutely no future prospects other than midtable Championship football.

And we play our fair share of hoofball? So does everybody, but not on a consistant basis like Forest.

I have no qualms with the result, I'd just hate for us to play in such a manner on a regular basis that's all.

I wouldn't say hoofing the ball and playing for the corner flag and long throws is a very good performance.

And in the first half we had some decent chances, not getting to 2-0 was a killer.

Agree with the rest though, I have no complaints and with a midfield display such as that in the second half we fully deserved to lose.

Not just the midfield. Bucko and Keogh played without composure. Christie failed to get forward to any effect and Forsyth the same. Even Russell thought his best option all afternoon was simply to try and knock it past their opponents and beat them for pace.

To say our midfield lost us the game would be simply wrong.

I don't doubt Mascarells skill and (sometime) distribution.

It's not that he's not Eustace, it's just that he's not the defensive block that our team needs to flourish.

Our Midfield and wings need the confidence to kick on and he doesn't give us that.

Credit to Forest for turning that around.

Erm, my obsession is that such hoofball has absolutely no future prospects other than midtable Championship football.

And we play our fair share of hoofball? So does everybody, but not on a consistant basis like Forest.

I have no qualms with the result, I'd just hate for us to play in such a manner on a regular basis that's all.

Nonsense.

Stoke became a well established Premiership side playing it.

You think so?

I thought they played really well second half. They harried, they were up for it and they completely nullified one of the in form teams.

I think you're wearing your Derby hat somewhat.

Of course I am wearing my Derby hat,I am always wearing it.However I thought the whole

game was a load of rubbish,nothing created,lots of petty fouls,very little quality.

I don't doubt Mascarells skill and (sometime) distribution.

It's not that he's not Eustace, it's just that he's not the defensive block that our team needs to flourish.

Our Midfield and wings need the confidence to kick on and he doesn't give us that.

Credit to Forest for turning that around.

I was trying to write something similar, but this was worded perfectly.

Not just the midfield. Bucko and Keogh played without composure. Christie failed to get forward to any effect and Forsyth the same. Even Russell thought his best option all afternoon was simply to try and knock it past their opponents and beat them for pace.

To say our midfield lost us the game would be simply wrong.

In a possession-based side looking to build attacks from the back the midfield trio is abolutely vital to the way the game goes.

Players in wide areas are impact players, those in the middle need to take control of the game. Simply in that second half, we didn't, as our midfield three were as bad as you will see them all season.

It's a pity Dawkins wasn't available for selection. We really could have used his ball-ability and composure in that second half.

A shame Hughes had to go off, such a better team when he's in there.

So, so poor. Suffered so badly when Hughes went off and then just resorted to their style of football, hitting long aerial balls to Martin who is poor in the air anyway. How were Hendrick, Bryson and Mascarell so bad? Offered little creativity or threat.

Defending at set-pieces was awful as well, thought both our centre-halves were poor, especially on the goal, Albentosa needs to be in the side.

This hurts because it undoes all of our good work against Ipswich, is a loss to our biggest rivals. Moreover, we brought it on ourselves.

********* fighting at the end as well...

Archived