Will fans drive McClaren out of Derby?

ariotofmyown

Moaning fans do drive managers out.

Look at the reaction of some fans after the Forest defeat

"He did this wrong he did that wrong "

"This player is carp that player is carp "

Seriously we are 3 points off the top for goodness sake.

Bournemouth lost last night so we are back on track with a game in hand and I hope Steve stays for a long while.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans will always moan when things don't go right. If SM left Derby because of moaning fans, then went to Newcastle, that would be the most insane decision ever. Rhianna is so sick of Chris Browns domestic violence, she left him for Mike Tyson. Wat!?

This was also interesting part of that article "The traditional English manager who would want full control is not what I'm looking for - they don't fit within our structure or strategy," said Charnley.

That suggests one of the French lads is more likely than SM.

Moaning fans do drive managers out.

Look at the reaction of some fans after the Forest defeat

"He did this wrong he did that wrong "

"This player is carp that player is carp "

Seriously we are 3 points off the top for goodness sake.

Bournemouth lost last night so we are back on track with a game in hand and I hope Steve stays for a long while.

The Forest defeat is an exception. If we'd lost 2-1 to anyone else there would've been the usual panic, but nothing compared to this reaction.

I hope it has registered with the players and the manager to some extent. Regardless of where we are in the league this is the most important game of the season to many of us and it needs to be made abundantly clear that the second half performance was unacceptable.

The Forest defeat is an exception. If we'd lost 2-1 to anyone else there would've been the usual panic, but nothing compared to this reaction.

I hope it has registered with the players and the manager to some extent. Regardless of where we are in the league this is the most important game of the season to many of us and it needs to be made abundantly clear that the second half performance was unacceptable.

Its just 3 points for me .

The wider scheme of things is far more important.

Keeping Steve is the most important thing.

Forest games were never like this before Brian Clough went to Forest.

I really don't enjoy local Derbies against Forest that much as there is far too much hype.

That's fair enough, not everyone has the same priorities.

I don't think McClaren would let the fans views bother him. Fans are notoriously fickle and often quite stupid, if players and managers allowed fans to influence their decisions they'd transfer to a new club every other week. Look at Pardew, he took 4 years of stick from Newcastle fans before sacking it off and even then it was only because he got the right offer from another employer.

That's fair enough, not everyone has the same priorities.

I don't think McClaren would let the fans views bother him. Fans are notoriously fickle and often quite stupid, if players and managers allowed fans to influence their decisions they'd transfer to a new club every other week. Look at Pardew, he took 4 years of stick from Newcastle fans before sacking it off and even then it was only because he got the right offer from another employer.

Pardews happy and doing well at Palace now where he's loved.

That's how I read it too.......................

because like i have said in an earlier post,he is going at the end of the season.

And thats why both the club and himself have been cagey about it all.

He has obviosly mulled over going straight away but cant because of a sense of " seeing the job through".Whatever happens this season we will be looking for a new manager this summer trust me.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

This tells you everything you want to know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30908990

Will Newcastle still be in the Premier league next season? 1 draw and 3 defeats in all competitions in January.

Imagine the irony of SM getting Derby promoted then going to Newcastle (which I can't see and really hope doesn't happen) to start again in the Championship!

Because money staked on an open book cannot be un-staked.

his odds did drift out but have shortened in recent days although john carver is today odds on with skybet according to oddschecker so maybe things are on the move. If the view is that there is too much complaining by DCFC fans I think there's much more pressure in the North East and twice as many of them!

his odds did drift out but have shortened in recent days although john carver is today odds on with skybet according to oddschecker so maybe things are on the move. If the view is that there is too much complaining by DCFC fans I think there's much more pressure in the North East and twice as many of them!

What we need to know is who does Alan Nixon reckon will get the job - then bet on everybody else.

Skybet pay out on anyone who manages 10 games, think Carver has 4 already, hence him shortening.

Skybet pay out on anyone who manages 10 games, think Carver has 4 already, hence him shortening.

thanks that is interesting didn't know that rule

Archived