Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool Reserves

Anon

I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on Rogers' team selection and the subsequent media furore?

Personally, I don't really see the problem. What was Rogers meant to do? Field exactly the same team who were made to look like rank armatures by Madrid just two weeks ago or try something different? Nothing about Liverpool's form this season has given the slightest hint that they could get something from a game like this, so why are the media throwing a collective hissy fit about a team who can't currently beat Hull not chucking the kitchen sink at the European Champions in their own back yard?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I thought he was the next Shanks........? no? surely, i have seen the banners in the famous Kop.

I am surprised he did it, after all, that's not really how they do things at "this club"...

Hillarious that he had to pull Stevie G and the rest of the tools out of the firing line because they are nowhere near good enough and certainly great seeing them fold away to nothing again this year....

That slip....ha ha ha...they will never get a chance like that to win the league again thats for sure.....and again ha ha ha

Thought a few of them played quite well. Moreno, Emre Can and even Borini looked very tidy indeed.

Problem is their strongest XI just isn't good enough. Overachieved last year due to a sensational season from both Suarez and Sturridge and the fact both of them aren't playing now (Sturridge injured) they've looked poor.

Defensively they've been awful and it's ridiculous how they splashed the Suarez cash on a bunch of average players like Lallana, Lovren and Balotelli.

Thought a few of them played quite well. Moreno, Emre Can and even Borini looked very tidy indeed.

Problem is their strongest XI just isn't good enough. Overachieved last year due to a sensational season from both Suarez and Sturridge and the fact both of them aren't playing now (Sturridge injured) they've looked poor.

Defensively they've been awful and it's ridiculous how they splashed the Suarez cash on a bunch of average players like Lallana, Lovren and Balotelli.

Thing I find the strangest is that they spent all their money on a defense which isn't comfortable with the ball at its feet.

Just gives us more of a chance of beating them next season.

Archived