Strength in Depth

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the side that played against Rotherham, maybe Martin and Redmond. I'd have to see them play more

So basically then there's absolutely no reason whatsoever why Derby shouldn't win the league? Anything less is a failure on McClaren's part.

Thought I'd read on here that only Mancienne would get in your team?

Out of interest how many Norwich players would get in the Derby side?

Norwich have a brilliant squad of players; no doubt. We play to a system that suits our style, so there is a few that would miss out that probably have the ability greater than our players. 

Forest aren't a bad side. I will give you that. I just don't think they have the quality of players that we do in a lot of positions. I like the spine of the Forest team, but I like ours more. It's no slight on Forest, I expect a top six finish from you. It's more of

endorsement of our abilities. If you had the pleasure of watching us play, most weeks, then you, too, would agree. 

So basically then there's absolutely no reason whatsoever why Derby shouldn't win the league? Anything less is a failure on McClaren's part.

Yep, that's right.  We're having an open-top bus round the city after the Reading game if you fancy coming to see it?

Thought I'd read on here that only Mancienne would get in your team?

Out of interest how many Norwich players would get in the Derby side?

I've never personally expressed any opinion of which Forest players would get into Derby's side or vice versa. The sides play a completely different style of football, and to judge a player by the standards and styles which apply at a different club isn't really possible, in my opinion. I haven't a clue how many Norwich players would be capable of adapting their style to fit into Derby's team either.

'Anything less is a failure on McClaren's part' is too absolute a statement to make without seeing the circumstances.

To kind of answer your question, we should win the league. 

You really are a bit of a prat, aren't you?

Don't forget specially printed t-shirts,we can consult with the forest lads on here for best prices,etc.

Seeing as most of us are really enjoying this Championship campaign, perhaps we ought to buy 'Zamora' ones.

Do we have two championship sides?

......................................Grant...................................

Christie.............Keogh................Buxton..........Forsyth

.....................................Thorne..................................

...........Bryson.........................................Hughes

Ward............................Martin...............................Ibe

Or

........................................Roos..........................................

Freeman..............Shotton..........Whitbread..........Naylor

..................................Mascarell..........................................

.............Hendrick..............................Coutts.......................

Russell.........................Best..............................Dawkins

Still leaves: Bennett - Calero - Eustace - Santos -

Can't remember the last time we had so much strength in depth.

Bit harsh that eustace can't even make the b team!

Archived