The long lasting Paul Jewell debate.

CumbrianRam

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Jewell. It really couldn't have gone much worse could it.

Between not winning a game in the Premier League (under him), terrible signings, a raft of even more terrible signings, poor league performance, and so forth, the most embarrassing moment of them all was his damn sex tape scandal.

I still wish him luck. Billy Davies on the other hand...

Signed Commons and Hulse though on the plus side.

The scatter gun approach occasionally comes off.

He also signed Ploppy, Kazmieczak, Dickinson, Connolly, Stewart, Albrechtson, Robert, Mile, and pretty much any other player not tied down at the time. Not saying they were all terrible, but if you go about making signings like that, you've got to get it right.

Poor Jewell. It really couldn't have gone much worse could it.

Between not winning a game in the Premier League (under him), terrible signings, a raft of even more terrible signings, poor league performance, and so forth, the most embarrassing moment of them all was his damn sex tape scandal.

I still wish him luck. Billy Davies on the other hand...

The scatter gun approach occasionally comes off.

He also signed Ploppy, Kazmieczak, Dickinson, Connolly, Stewart, Albrechtson, Robert, Mile, and pretty much any other player not tied down at the time. Not saying they were all terrible, but if you go about making signings like that, you've got to get it right.

Albrechtson did well when he arrived. It was only when Clough came he turned into a shower of ****.

I forgot about Ploppy - deary me, was we really that ****?!

Who were is good buys?

Let him have Green because he wasn't bad. I'm struggling on Hulse, Green and Commons.

Then he got a job at Ipswich.

Between Sammon and Jewell I'm starting to think Ipswich don't send talent scouts this far

Archived