Leon Best

Jayweb95

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks he should start over Dawkins.. He might not have the pace that Dawkins has but he has the strength, height, and will that we need. He's got a mighty shot and a good eye for goal. Dawkins in my eyes isn't consistent enough. I just don't see why anyone on here really rates him.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure dawks utilises his pace enough running at players making best a good shout for a couple

it's stressful watching Dawkins.. He has the pace and ability to get past someone but then he ALWAYS hesitates and takes to long, by that time the defenders caught up, or his finish or cross isn't good enough.

He takes the ball and keeps it  really well - like it's stuck to him - then actually 'gives' it away.  He's frustrating, although I don't think he deserves the crap he gets

Dawkins was unusually terrible on the ball today. But without his flexibility today, we wouldn't have had a point - he played 3 or 4 different roles.

Says everything about him. He had an off day, and yet he still played a key role.

We talk about things not clicking and us having a slow start, but still getting results - Dawkins is that in microcosm. I still feel like things could click with him soon.

We don't play him for the hell of it...

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks he should start over Dawkins.. He might not have the pace that Dawkins has but he has the strength, height, and will that we need. He's got a mighty shot and a good eye for goal. Dawkins in my eyes isn't consistent enough. I just don't see why anyone on here really rates him.

I would agree if the name you mentioned was Russell instead of Dawkins....

Dawkins would be my first choice winger because I think there's a brilliant player in there somewhere. I really do think something can be done with him to make him a far better player than this league. I know he has his faults and can be frustrating but he's just got something to work with where Ward and Russell are pretty much simple predictable forwards who are pretty much at their level. Top end Championship forwards.

Dawkins is a few tweaks away from being too classy. He's composed, he's got excellent control of the ball. He moves the ball quite smartly. He's like the football version of Frank Bruno. Got all the skill but not that killer instinct. He doesn't seem to want to actually do anything with what he's got. Seems to just enjoy the pretty stuff and not a care in the world about hurting anyone. On the other hand you've got Ward who thinks of nothing else but hurting teams but he's just not that smart. Not calling him dumb. Just sometimes he could do with enjoying the pretty stuff because he tries stuff that's clearly not on

I liked the way Dawkins just seemed to ghost past their defense, if he would just have a shot once for every five

times he wrong foots someone he'd be the top scorer by now. I've no doubt that he will improve, same as everyone

else as we get back to the dominance we showed last season.

All of our best passages of play came through Dawkins playing one twos with Martin/ Forsyth /Bryson and breaking through into the space.

Everyone's stroking one out over that Antonio but for how many times he got past our fullback he did nothing with the ball. What's the difference? Dawkins has technical ability but Antonio is an absolute monster with pace and strength. I know I prefer watching the former.

Archived