SFA and SPFL appeal to Fifa over Celtic's move for John Guidetti

RLACML

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scraping the barrel with the Celtic hate aren't you?

Falcao, Lawrence, Powell, Welbeck and Cleverley were also done after midnight, why not include Man Utd? 

Not really. You say that rules are rules, but they clearly aren't for Celtic. 

I agree, that is also ridiculous. If you haven't got a deal through by the deadline, you don't get the player, that's what the rule is there for. 

Add Ben Arfa to the list....

Summer transfer window ended at 11pm on 'deadline day'

But Radamel Falcao joined Manchester United after the deadline

Hatem Ben Arfa also completed loan to Hull City after 11pm

Yet John Guidetti loan to Celtic collapsed after midnight

FA and FIFA rules allow transfer paperwork to be completed after deadline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740554/Radamel-Falcao-loan-Manchester-United-AFTER-transfer-window-shut-did-not-break-rules.html#ixzz3CBJNKyeF

Add Ben Arfa to the list....

Summer transfer window ended at 11pm on 'deadline day'

But Radamel Falcao joined Manchester United after the deadline

Hatem Ben Arfa also completed loan to Hull City after 11pm

Yet John Guidetti loan to Celtic collapsed after midnight

FA and FIFA rules allow transfer paperwork to be completed after deadline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740554/Radamel-Falcao-loan-Manchester-United-AFTER-transfer-window-shut-did-not-break-rules.html#ixzz3CBJNKyeF

As that article explains, there is a difference between the transfers you mentioned and the Guidetti one. They didn't give the SFA enough time, but of course the SFA will have to appeal because it's Celtic. 

Because the SFA love Celtic don't they with all the fines they've issued them over the years  :blink:

Also City were to blame as well reading the article, let's not miss that bit out

They should have fined them millions over the years, not 5k every now and again. 

Not relevant. City might have been totally to blame but the point still stands. The SFA wouldn't be going out of their way to help a smaller Scottish club in this situation.

I'm not criticising Celtic for not getting the deal through on time, these things happen. They might have a good excuse but as you always say, rules are rules. 

They should have fined them millions over the years, not 5k every now and again. 

Not relevant. City might have been totally to blame but the point still stands. The SFA wouldn't be going out of their way to help a smaller Scottish club in this situation.

I'm not criticising Celtic for not getting the deal through on time, these things happen. They might have a good excuse but as you always say, rules are rules. 

Rules are rules and the appeal will fail if the reason for the appeal isn't accepted. I have no idea behind what went wrong, maybe it's the SFA that made a balls up and didn't have time to correct it, who knows. I don't really see your point other than to have a pop at Celtic, I'm sure the SFA would appeal on be half of other clubs

Rules are rules and the appeal will fail if the reason for the appeal isn't accepted. I have no idea behind what went wrong, maybe it's the SFA that made a balls up and didn't have time to correct it, who knows. I don't really see your point other than to have a pop at Celtic, I'm sure the SFA would appeal on be half of other clubs

They wouldn't, that was my point. It's not really a pop at Celtic, it's more of a pop at the SFA.

How do you know? can you point me to cases similar to this where they haven't appealed

Because I know how the SFA treat certain Scottish clubs.

To be honest, I have no examples and they would be a difficult thing to find. I'm sure that clubs don't manage to get transfers through all the time though and I've never heard of the SFA appealing before. 

Right so pure guesswork, ok then. My guess is that they would, who knows.

Educated guess. I'll admit that it is difficult to compare the attitude of the SFA towards different clubs, but that's only because Celtic and Rangers are the only clubs scummy enough to behave the way they do. If Motherwell started behaving like that, they might get away with it too, but I doubt it. 

A particularly nasty example. Unsurprisingly, this went unpunished.

Scraping the barrel with the Celtic hate aren't you?

Falcao, Lawrence, Powell, Welbeck and Cleverley were also done after midnight, why not include Man Utd?

Daveo and Celtic sitting in a tree...

Paperwork can overturn a football match, but not a transfer? My understanding was that you needed to have applied for an extension at the time, not after the fact. The article only suggests that they asked and got that extension on the Scotland side.

Daveo and Celtic sitting in a tree...

Paperwork can overturn a football match, but not a transfer? My understanding was that you needed to have applied for an extension at the time, not after the fact. The article only suggests that they asked and got that extension on the Scotland side.

They applied for an extension before the time which was granted, they started uploading the files to FIFA before midnight but the last one went through just after midnight.

FIFA's automatic system failed the transfer but when FIFA look at it they will accept it.

If rules have been broken they won't approve the transfer, no problems with me, rules are rules.

Dunno the detail but if they had an Internet connectivity problem at 5 to midnight that lasted 10 minutes, it doesn't sound unreasonable to let it through. Depends on the details IMO.

What annoys me though is why did they leave it til 5 to midnight? They've had all summer to sort out whatever they need to, and then all deadline day. Everyone else (baring man utd of course) have sorted everything else out in plenty of time. He'll, we got all our dealings done days ago.

There's only themselves to blame.

What does waiting til 5 to midnight gain you? It just invites complications like this.

Educated guess. I'll admit that it is difficult to compare the attitude of the SFA towards different clubs, but that's only because Celtic and Rangers are the only clubs scummy enough to behave the way they do. If Motherwell started behaving like that, they might get away with it too, but I doubt it.

A particularly nasty example. Unsurprisingly, this went unpunished.

That event is nothing to do with the football club and from what I can see the silence was impeccably observed by the vast majority. The noise was clearly only coming from a handful. That apart, this has nothing to do with transfer deadlines.

That event is nothing to do with the football club and from what I can see the silence was impeccably observed by the vast majority. The noise was clearly only coming from a handful. That apart, this has nothing to do with transfer deadlines.

How does fans 'misbehaving' not have anything to do with the football club? I'm sure the majority did respect it, but that's a pretty loud minority, and completely unacceptable. If you punish the club, they are more likely to clamp down and the fans are less likely to do it.

That's true, it's got nothing to do with the deadline. Just another example of Celtic getting away with it.

Archived