Builder/Joiner/Tradesman - Advice Needed

robglosta

I am attempting to hang a curtain pole in our house, but the lounge window is a bay with windows right up to the ceiling (ergo, no wall to fit the pole brackets).

What is the best way to fit the pole - would I need to go from the ceiling or some such?

I have most of the usual tools, but no fancy kit!

Advice paid for in beer at the next match.

Glos

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fitted one to the ceiling in my bay window. Just used a drill and screw driver. I was a bast@rd to do i'm no diy expert. It's it ok and hasn't fallen down.

The problem is I can't secure the pole to the ceiling really as the pole clips need to go against a wall as that is how they're designed to work.

The problem is I can't secure the pole to the ceiling really as the pole clips need to go against a wall as that is how they're designed to work.

what's it like? The one i got was for a bay window and had four holders which went into the ceiling. Does it bend round the window or straight across?

Its going to be a tricky job that.

Theres the fixings, and the lack of noggins, and the fact that its a bay.

And its dinner time now.

...lets think......theres the labour and the vat and.....ok i tell you what........

what's it like? The one i got was for a bay window and had four holders which went into the ceiling. Does it bend round the window or straight across?

It bends twice, across three windows.  There is literally nothing above the window to fasten it to, so somehow have to use the ceiling.

I am attempting to hang a curtain pole in our house, but the lounge window is a bay with windows right up to the ceiling (ergo, no wall to fit the pole brackets).

What is the best way to fit the pole - would I need to go from the ceiling or some such?

I have most of the usual tools, but no fancy kit!

Advice paid for in beer at the next match.

Glos

Not sure what these are called in English (curtain/adjustment bracket/ holder maybe?) but check the photo and start searching!

http://bellapuoti.com/anjapesolaoy-saatokannatin-vihrea-kulta-16mm-tangolle-2kpl-ps

Archived