Neil Lennon, good manager or not?

RLACML

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not irrelevant, your posts show that in this thread, the Rangers at the iPro and Celtic being reinstated back into Europe threads.

The only thread where it is relevant is the Rangers at the iPro one, because by definition that is talking about Rangers in general. 

I think Legia Warsaw were treated harshly. Granted, I wouldn't have cared so much if Celtic weren't involved but my opinion on the ruling wouldn't have changed.

Neil Lennon didn't do well at Celtic, they could do much better. My opinion of Neil Lennon or Celtic isn't relevant in that. The facts speak for themselves. You seem to think that winning a Rangers-less SPL is an achievement, it's not. You're wrong. 

Facts do speak for themselves, something we can agree on.

3 league titles out if 4, missing out on one by 1 point and 2 cups in 4 seasons.

Lennon now deserves a chance in England which I'm sure he will get after his successful spell at Celtic.

Facts do speak for themselves, something we can agree on.

3 league titles out if 4, missing out on one by 1 point and 2 cups in 4 seasons.

Lennon now deserves a chance in England which I'm sure he will get after his successful spell at Celtic.

Tell you what, we'll continue this debate when he gets sacked from his English club. If he gets one that is, I suspect he might struggle. 

Can't really have a debate with someone that thinks a club can win the league without a manager and they should be banging out trebles each season

I said he should have won the treble at least once. They should have won the double every year.

It's equally difficult to debate someone who thinks winning the SPL with Celtic is an achievement.

If Rangers hadn't gone into meltdown and had challenged throughout the time, then Lennon has done a good job.

I'm afraid you have to take the comparative strength of the league into account when discussing the achievements of a club and its manager. That's just common sense.

He still has an awful lot to prove given that, during his time at Celtic, not only Rangers but both Edinburgh clubs were imploding. The resources Celtic have absolutely dwarf those available to anyone else in the league. The SPL is a cakewalk and fawning over his success there in akin to praising Real and Barca for managing to finish in the top two every season.

He is a complete and utter joke.

I remember so well how ridiculous and naive he looked when Juventus went to Parkhead and did a number on them in the Champion's League.

'I think they must play to different rules in italy' ...

No Neil, it's just that your tactics were utterly stupid, you played into Juve's hands, and your team didn't have a clue.

To have been in charge at such a world famous club as Celtic, he is the luckiest manager in the history of football.

Every dog has it's day ... Lennon has been shown up to be consistently naive tactically.

It makes me howl with laughter to watch him whinge and moan when his side has been done up like kippers.

He is a total moron.

Hated him as a player, hate him as a manager.

Inept moron with 3 league titles and 2 cups 4 seasons into his career ;)

Worthless. Paper crowns.

Not much more kudos attached to the title up there than there is in the League of Wales.

Greame Souness won an absolute **** load of silverware in Scotland in the '80s ... speaks volumes.

Worthless. Paper crowns.

Not much more kudos attached to the title up there than there is in the League of Wales.

Greame Souness won an absolute **** load of silverware in Scotland in the '80s ... speaks volumes.

Souness would have had Celtic as competition as well. Lennon had no competition.

Worthless. Paper crowns.

Yet we lost one of our best players at the time to Celtic to go play for those worthless paper crowns...

Archived