Flags, banners etc...

DeMontfortRam

After seeing how good the South Stand looked filled with red white flags and blue flags and banners last weekend surely it'd be a thought to encourage the new supporters looking to create an atmosphere in the South Stand to bring their own along for the new season. 

We somewhat did this for the game against Brighton in the play off semi final second leg and I genuinely don't think I've ever been in so much awe of a Derby County crowd as I was that day. 

I'd love to see plenty of black and white flags at the back of the stand, being waved and being draped over things. As well as this flags of players country of origin would be pretty cool as well. Spanish flags for Calero and Mascarell, Scottish flags for Bryson and Russell, Irish for Jeff and so on.

Also, I don't see why Derby fans cannot drape a large banner across the edge of the drop on the South West corner saying something smart / intimidating as it faces the away supporters. 

I have no doubt in my mind the people in power at the club would welcome any efforts to improve the atmosphere even further, it's just down to the supporters to get organised and make a difference.

Thoughts? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh it was the Sounth Stand Rams Twitter account, I saw that Nick was on the Band Wagon too. I have a Flag and I'll be bringing it, we need all the black and white we can get.

Definately up for anything to help improve the iPro and the atmosphere. A lot of other Rams fans seemed to be up to the idea too. If all goes well it will be a wall of black and white.

It's okay with flags you wave but the stewards get mardy with other flags.. In fact the ipro is crap for putting flags out.

I think they just gave up when Rangers hit town.

I'm in the SW on sat so will need to find somewhere for the Cockney Rams flag.

Not bringing my flag to Ipro stadium, sorry these people don't own south stand or another stands. Please don't wave flags/scarves front of me because I want to watch the game.

Archived