Derby County v Rangers

mozza

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent workout with some good football at times.

Dawkins at the heart of most of it, so looks like he has secured his place for next week.

Hughes outstanding in the holding role, well worth a run in that position on this showing (though admittedly against a team with seemingly limited attacking resources).

Keogh back to somewhere near his best, only the one lost ball early on and after that bossed things.

Martin very good as usual up front.

Lee Naylor looking useful down the flank and Fozzy surprisingly good in centre defence.

Bryson and Russell probably had the quietest games, though Russell seemed a target of persistent fouling he did seem to lose the ball quite a bit.

Christie grew into it after a bit of a shaky opening.

I thought Dawkins was very impressive and, despite the fact he should have had a hat-trick, he creates enough opportunities and troubles the opposition defence often enough to warrant a place in the starting eleven. Hendrick and Hughes both looked good and Hendrick seems to have picked up from where he left off last season - if he can stay fit for a whole season I can only see him improving further.

Martin did what he usually did and, most importantly, when he gets a clear chance he tends to put it away. Also, I liked what I saw of Christie, there's clearly room for improvement, especially defensively, but with him and Forsyth running the wings we can really swarm the opposition when we attack.

I think derby were a little rusty in the first half kepted giving silly possion away but the players I thought looked were dawkins he never a really thorn in rangers side a really hansful but should have fimnished those 2 chances. Our back 4 was faily solded keo looked shacky but as the game went he got stronger. Will huges played thorn role really well showed his class and jeff hendrick tryed some different stuff. Chris martin took the goals really well.

I thought in 1st we looked very slow and rangers were on top for long periods and should have gone 1-0 up but we played them off the park in the 2nd half up until when they went down to 10 men after a moment of madness from the Gers CB which just killed the game off a little.

Credit to the Rangers fans they were fantastic, tremendous support for their boys plus some excellent flags. They are incredibly pro-British its good to see. I hope they get back up where they belong soon.

I thought in 1st we looked very slow and rangers were on top for long periods and should have gone 1-0 up but we played them off the park in the 2nd half up until when they went down to 10 men after a moment of madness from the Gers CB which just killed the game off a little.

Credit to the Rangers fans they were fantastic, tremendous support for their boys plus some excellent flags. They are incredibly pro-British its good to see. I hope they get back up where they belong soon.

The high court?

As a Rangers fan, can I point out that we have now travelled in our thousands to Derby twice, and have brought nothing but a great atmosphere and a larger bank balance for your club. Yet people here seem rather ungrateful.

Why should we be grateful, it's your big day out not ours, it's not our fault you get all excited when you visit a proper country.

As a Rangers fan, can I point out that we have now travelled in our thousands to Derby twice, and have brought nothing but a great atmosphere and a larger bank balance for your club. Yet people here seem rather ungrateful.

I'd rather you keep the money, but the people running our club obviously think differently. 

I'm pretty sure the money from the Ted McMinn game would have gone to a cause rather than us as well.

Sage:

As a Rangers fan, I am completely appalled and disgusted to hear your taxi driver story. So disappointed.

Like any football club, the vast, vast majority of Rangers fans are simply decent football fans. Like any club, we have our fair share of scum, idiots and ******.

Do not let the minority cloud the majority, come to Ibrox next week and see 100,000 fans watch us play Hibs and Hearts, with great atmospheres and no trouble.

I hope the scum who disgraced the club I love with their behaviour get identified and caught and barred from Ibrox. Frankly, many aren't even regular home fans, but hangers on and organised casuals/hooligans who cause a blackened name for a great club, esp when there is travel to England and Europe.

Sage:

As a Rangers fan, I am completely appalled and disgusted to hear your taxi driver story. So disappointed.

Like any football club, the vast, vast majority of Rangers fans are simply decent football fans. Like any club, we have our fair share of scum, idiots and ******.

Do not let the minority cloud the majority, come to Ibrox next week and see 100,000 fans watch us play Hibs and Hearts, with great atmospheres and no trouble.

I hope the scum who disgraced the club I love with their behaviour get identified and caught and barred from Ibrox. Frankly, many aren't even regular home fans, but hangers on and organised casuals/hooligans who cause a blackened name for a great club, esp when their is travel to England and Europe.

100000 in a capacity of 50000. great fans if that many sneak in withour paying

Phil/RLAC:

Just to clarify, I was replying to an earlier post, but botched the reply quote bit.

Phil, I will ignore the country remark, lol. No, with all due respect to Derby (a great club), this isn't a big day out for us. For us, that will be when we are back in Europe. I hope you play us at Ibrox and you will grasp what a massive club we are. I'd love to see Derby at Ibrox.

I was a little miffed, as I was lead to believe that Derby fans had welcomed Rangers fans greatly for the McMinn game, and wanted Rangers fans to return, enjoyed our party mindset and our fun, and our pro-British outlook. What I read here was a little cynical and it surprised me.

As to our play, you know we aren't the Rangers of old, of European runs and domestic success. We are and have gone through the worst years of our history (bar Jan 1971), we are rebuilding. We WILL be back, with European success and true top level players in the next few years. But we are still getting there.

I wish Derby County and its fans all the best for this season. You are a great old club, like us, with a core of Scottish history. I really hope you do well in the future, and that we see you at Ibrox as a reciprocal arrangement.

All the best.

Archived