I reckon our new CDM backup will be Coutts

Derbados

I have a very, very sneaky suspicion that Coutts will be the backup CDM when Eustinho gets knackered. He's certainly built for it and i seem to remember him having a very good game or two in that position under Nige. Hughes is to lightweight for the role, however his distribution is as good Thornes on his day, if he beefed up and learned the defensive side of the role imo he would make a top, top CDM 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideally Hughes should be left in a purely creative role but due to obvious recent circumstances I reluctantly agree that he is the best man for the CDM role as he can distribute and certainly isn't afraid to put in a tackle.

We will need Eustace against difficult teams with a physical game and tactical nous. It is very fortunate that he is still here because he could have easily chosen to retire.

Hendrick's main attribute is driving runs from midfield, as well as his improved shooting.

all of which, completely wasted there.

So I disagree, McClaren will more likely use Hughes there (not that that is a great idea either)

Coutts can't last 90 minutes. Coutss can't defend. No thanks.

Managed plenty of 90 minutes first season he was here.... Would have him more forward though agree with you there. Very decent back up to have

Hendrick's main attribute is driving runs from midfield, as well as his improved shooting.

all of which, completely wasted there.

So I disagree, McClaren will more likely use Hughes there (not that that is a great idea either)

Id give the job to Eustace and see how he goes and check his fitness .

He looks to have had a good preseason .

Hanson or Coutts to come on when Eusty hits the wall.

Hanson is impressing preseason.

Coutts is a bit behind as he's injured at the moment.

The only problem with this is how good Eusty will be in the hurly burly of the Championship as he's not far off his bus pass lol.

Managed plenty of 90 minutes first season he was here.... Would have him more forward though agree with you there. Very decent back up to have

You are joking right? Every game without fail Coutts would be dead on his legs come the 75th minute. 

You are joking right? Every game without fail Coutts would be dead on his legs come the 75th minute.

Played pretty much every game first season suggests otherwise! Good back up to have....

Worth a try though not at all sure he would be suited to the role until I see it!

Wasn't performing so well last season as he did the year before I seem to recall and was in and out of the team (his link ups with Brayford were very effective but didn't look so good once he had gone).

People post a load of nonsense about coutts.

I'd like him to get a chance.

Then again, i wanted bailey to get another chance.

We are going round in circles about old topics.

We had all this at the start of last season.

Hughes is by trade an attacking midfielder, Hendrick, yes he physical, but it stifles his style of play if we hold him in CDM. Bryson cannot possibly play CDM with his scoring and assists record.

Coutts is a no go.

Hanson is very very inexperienced.

Eustace won't have the legs to last a whole season.

In my opinion the best thing to do is start the season with Eustace and if he really is struggling then we look to the premier league teams for a loan. 

Archived