The Thorne Ultimatum!

RiverSowDog

You must have FIFA 13 or something then, because it never happened on match days.

'Key to our play'... OMG as the youngsters say.

Credibility now zero I'm afraid.

I do have FIFA 13 but I don't see what that has to do with anything. He's worse on FIFA than he is in real life.

What did he do that was so abhorrently bad anyway? 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have FIFA 13 but I don't see what that has to do with anything. He's worse on FIFA than he is in real life.

What did he do that was so abhorrently bad anyway?

Fella he's a journeyman pro who is nothing special. It pees me off when people hold him up as some sort of superhero because the ball hits him sometimes. Seriously watch him closely, it ain't good. Yes we desperately needed a Holding player but he is so one dimensional it's frightening.. Just getting in the way, does not cut it. You have to be more than that and to say he was excellent is just not right.

At best a League 2 player and an average on at that.

Mmmm, some good views so far on plan B.........but this isn't one of em; what a load of ******-talk

Do you want to add something cup cake? At least the Yorkie is defending his view, no problem with that even if he is wrong.

Or do you think your some kinda umpire moderator with yer 45 posts.

That's only PART of what a defensive midfielder is supposed to do and he was not very good at that!

Pass it 10 yards to Hughes.... When?

He only got in the team because we had nothing else.

You must have FIFA 13 or something then, because it never happened on match days.

'Key to our play'... OMG as the youngsters say.

Credibility now zero I'm afraid.

I'm afraid if you had any credibility (no-one in forums generally does except MWR) you have lost it in my eyes... so not sure why you think YRs opinions are worth less than yours and you consider yourself the arbiter of all that is right on these pages... but each to their own...

He was key to our play... the key change Macca made was playing a permanent, deep lying, defence protecting midfield cover player... that was Eustace... hence the key change meant that he was the key player... The few games we played last season without a DM was an absolute joke... and if you remember we played Hughes there in at least one game which was a disaster, but means we obviously DID have other options...

Also, do you consider yourself a better judge of players than a man who took us from 14th to 3rd last season? Within touching distance of the premier League? Cos Macca though Eustace was key... Played him whenever he could... Chose him ahead of Thorne for months...

But you probably know best don't you Angry?

Fella he's a journeyman pro who is nothing special. It pees me off when people hold him up as some sort of superhero because the ball hits him sometimes. Seriously watch him closely, it ain't good. Yes we desperately needed a Holding player but he is so one dimensional it's frightening.. Just getting in the way, does not cut it. You have to be more than that and to say he was excellent is just not right.

At best a League 2 player and an average on at that.

'Getting in the way' led to a drastic reduction in the amount of goals we conceded compared to the previous season so I'd say he's doing something right.

My one legged mum could do a better job than him ffs. He was NOT solid, he was a liability, do you really watch him play? He's *****, free or not.

I can't still believe Eustace and salmon are still at the club. Perhaps negotiations with Fred at the Red Lion are going on a bit.

Yes we needed a DCM but Eustace ffs, the most inept footballer I have ever seen. Where's that worst Derby 11 thread?

If i pissed in your pint and said it was free, would you be happy?

I think Eustace and Sammon are perhaps the best two players in the Championship. I would keep them both next year and start them against Man City, Chelsea and Man U.

What size shirt does your one-legged mum wear? Sign her up too! Cover for Chris Martin.

I don't get signing a player who's already had one very bad injury when he's only 20.

Your presumably delivered yourself of that view at length in the 500 page epic then did you?

We aren't going to get promoted with Keogh as our CB anyway,

Yeh... you're probably right... we should just give up now... stop watching football... maybe consider mass suicide...

I always think the best time for negativity is before a ball has even been kicked at the start of the season...

Do you want to add something cup cake? At least the Yorkie is defending his view, no problem with that even if he is wrong.

Or do you think your some kinda umpire moderator with yer 45 posts.

Technically Eustace is a decent enough player who did a decent enough job, played his part in a run that took us from mid-table to 3rd - a team doesn't don't go on a run like that carrying an 11th man, that's just plain obvious! Personally I wouldn't have him as 1st choice cdm as he's clearly not the player he was, but to slate him to the silly extremes you have just paints you as someone who knows nothing about football. And here's some news, CUP-CAKE FELLA-ME-LAD, however many posts you make on a forum means diddly squat about your credibility on a subject....point proven by yours

Calm down, calm down!

Thorne wasn't a definite arrival and I'm sure there were back-up plans that will now kick in. Steve McClaren wasn't born yesterday. He's got great contacts for loans and acquisitions, our scouting network is miles better than it was a year ago. 

The ownership team knows how close we are to promotion and the huge payoff that means for them personally, so they'll be willing to invest and help make that happen.

If none of this happens, we still have Angry Ram's one-legged mother. 

Well, this is a blow. How to get the best out of the current, fit squad? I don't particularly like it, but I think we could play Hughes in that role with Bryson and Hendrick further forward. Hughes is about the best tackler in the league and obviously has great distribution.

I agree Eustace was very good last year and got us firmly into a playoff place. and it's good to see Hanson beginning top press as we could very much do with his freekicks.

So we have decent cover. We are unlikely to loan until after the transfer window closes and, if we're going to, they'll have to be good to get a starting berth. Jack Cork the preferred option if he were possible.

Archived