The Thorne Ultimatum!

RiverSowDog

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was saying it to my dad for half of last season... His passing ability was astounding last season (no idea where it appeared from!) and he's great in the tackle... Also one of his biggest weaknesses is his lack of pace and how he often gets turned around by quick forwards... which wouldn't happen in the DM role... Or rather when it did he wouldn't be the last man...

Think he'd have to bring back the beard to fulfill the hard-man element... and also because I grew a bucko-beard in tribute to him and now he's got rid of it I may have to...

Yeah - he's my son's (16 yrs old) far and away favourite player, he grew that same beard and was trying to convince me to do the same in time for the play-off final; "no shaving it off til we're back in the prem" he said!! He's still got it......and he means it I think!

Bucko just seemed like he could do a good job anywhere last season (except out wide I'd think!), playing with such confidence,. Got to admit I had him completely wrong when he arrived. Whatever else people say about him, Clough is largely responsible for Bucko and the majority of the squad that we're now so proud of being at the club.    

Eustace was close for player of the season for me. He obviously does not have the passing ability of Thorne but we had Hughes in the team. When Thorne came in to the side Hughes could not get in as Thorne did the passing for Hendrick and Bryson to destroy teams. So I imagine it will be Hughes Eustace and Bryson starting and to keep Eustace fresh if we're comfortably ahead drop Hughes to cdm and bring Hendrick on.

Guy Moussi still without a team, played under McClaren before.

McClaren only signed utter dross for Forest as a joke, to see how long it would take before you got it. Not his fault that you lot are so slow on the uptake.

Agent Steve.

A lot of our goals came from him breaking down the play and getting it to the wings quick. Watch the goals again and you'll see it.

What about opposition goals where he was far too slow to do anything?

Why do you have to be such an odious individual when expressing your OPINION because that is all it is, it is your OPINION and it is no more right or wrong than anyone else's OPINION. Please stop acting like what you're saying is fact because I'm with the people who think Eustace did a great job last season. I don't think he'll be able to do it to the same standard this season because he's another year older.

Because I am an odious individual... Simple really.

Next.

Guy Moussi still without a team, played under McClaren before.

Miles Addison's looking for a club. Played under Pearce before.

:p

Miles Addison's looking for a club. Played under Pearce before.

:p

I thought he was good for you back in the day. Remember those days when only Commons and Hulse were players who would make the Forest side, not so much anymore lol

I thought he was good for you back in the day. Remember those days when only Commons and Hulse were players who would make the Forest side, not so much anymore lol

Yeah, we called him 'The Beast' and thought that he could be a dominant centre half or midfield player. Robbed by Attwell of immortality and hero status, of course.

Archived