New kit delivery delayed

admira

Anyone else received an email like this?

It's a bit hazy on when the shirts will actually arrive.

"Hi

You recently ordered a new home shirt that unfortunately did not arrive in time to be released on release date. We can only apologise for the inconvenience and due to this we will send the parcel out for you as soon as they arrive and refund you the delivery charge as they were not delivered on time.

I apologise again for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Rob Millward

Mailorder Department

Derby County Football Club

iPro Stadium

Pride Park

Derby, DE24 8XL"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went into the shop on Saturday afternoon, bought a new kit for my lad, plenty of stock in though the place did resemble a supermarket on the eve of World War 3. 

There was very little on the shelves but they had stuff behind the counter if you asked - the lady said they simply hadn't had time to put it out on the shopfloor before someone brought it back to buy!

Probably because I ordered long-sleeved.

I asked the club when they would be delivered and they replied 'We are hoping it will be in the next couple of weeks but had nothing confirmed as of yet.'

When did you order? I preordered and got long sleeve on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

A further response from the club (almost a month now since I ordered the kit).

We have today received information regarding your order. Unfortunately we will not be getting any more kit until the week commencing 4th August, and that will include what is required for your order.

We apologise for this and hope to get your order resolved as quickly as possible, could you please let me know which of the following solutions you would like me to do for you.

- Refund the order.

- Change what I ordered (if you change from a long sleeved home shirt to a short sleeved I can send that out the day you respond as we have short sleeved in stock).

- Wait for the long sleeved shirts to arrive and keep order as it is.

I was a Large in Kappa last year.

Normally a Medium in regular t-shirts.

What size Umbro do you think I need?

Last year I bought the XL Kappa thinking this would be ok but it was still unpleasantly close fitting for me (I am usually 38-40" chest) so I went for a large in Umbro this time and it was like a tent on me! I had to return it for a medium which fits perfectly.

Archived