Derby Evening Telegraph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramafan

I don't know about you but I am fed up with there headlines like 

QPR play-off final hero against Derby County signs new deal

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derbycounty#ixzz37e3CM8C7( Not interested in Bobby Zamora is doing, he as nothing to do with Derby County).

Derby County target George Thorne plays for West Bromwich Albion...

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derbycounty#ixzz37e3YsUdP

Former Derby County player of the year on trial with Championship...

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derbycounty#ixzz37e3hKRl8

Have no interest in where Tommy Smith is playing.

Championship transfer talk: Nottingham Forest sign former...

Again not interested in Florist.

All I'm interested in is substanial stories about Derby County targets, rubbish journalism.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No big news at Moor Farm at the moment so they'll report anything Derbyesque.

It's silly season for you...just look at the thread on George....errm whats his name?....Thorne...yeah that's him. George Thorne.

Don't like it don't read it, seems simple to me

It's simple every morning look to see what headlines are to see if anything as happened at the club, I don't live in Derby, what I don't like is lazy journalism, do you think London Evening Standard reported Bryson or Hughes signing extension deals? No because it's not in there area.

London Evening Standard has a much bigger portfolio of sports teams than the DET though.

The Nottingham Evening Post wouldn't report anything about Derby County yet THE DET reports they have signed somebody from Barcelona, and it's about the same size paper as DET, I know for sure that Florist fans want to see nothing about our club in the Evening Post, yet we put things in about them, just don't bother reporting anything and fill space up with news on Derbyshire cricket club.

Yeah I'm not arsed really.

We're all very bored and short of real things to talk about.

Think most summers most folks clear their minds of football for a bit. You only get a few people who spend all summer flapping. This year because we are all still on a high then nobody has switched off.

When the season starts all this flapping will seem rather daft. We'll be too busy moaning we haven't beaten everyone 5-0 and won the league by September.

I personally don't mind it, I want to know what our league rivals are getting up to. Every time I start to get a bit panicked about our transfer activity I see another team in our league has signed someone horrid. It's reassuring. 

It's really hard for local newspapers in the modern age and the DET is alright. Steve Nicholson is a decent local sports reporter. We do miss a Gerald Mortimer-type character...but that over-used phrase "they don't make them like that anymore" really does apply there.

This is about as good as it's ever going to get. Social media has replaced the accountability/story exclusivity that the DET would have once had.

The Nottingham Evening Post wouldn't report anything about Derby County yet THE DET reports they have signed somebody from Barcelona, and it's about the same size paper as DET, I know for sure that Florist fans want to see nothing about our club in the Evening Post, yet we put things in about them, just don't bother reporting anything and fill space up with news on Derbyshire cricket club.

I think you will find that both newspapers are produced in Nottingham and I am told they are both owned by the same company.

How do you know that the NEP would not report on anything regarding DCFC, do you read that newspaper on a regular basis?

As others have mentioned, when things are slow newspapers have to fill space and they publish reports which may not be totally relevant to our club or area.   When I am at a loss to fill my day with the normal things in life I spend a small amount of time checking the spelling and misuse of words in the posts of others, for instance in your posts I found ..................

Two instances of the use of 'there' when the correct word would have been 'their' and then there was 'as' instead of 'has'.  ;)

You may consider it to be worthless but it took up 5 minutes of my time which might have been better spent trolley dodging in Morrisons or Asda, however it gave me a certain amount of satisfaction as I do my bit to combat advancing old age and as I endeavour to keep the grey cells active.

Archived