Notts County v Derby County

froggg

I might pop up for this one, assume you just pay on the gate?

Always wondered this, ya know when they say "pay on the gate/door", do they actually mean at the turnstiles or at the ticket office?

I've only ever bought mine in advance for away games.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always wondered this, ya know when they say "pay on the gate/door", do they actually mean at the turnstiles or at the ticket office?

I've only ever bought mine in advance for away games.

Pay at the turnstile with cash just like the good old days

Pay at the turnstile with cash just like the good old days

Ah yes  the good old days, now that reminds me of the time..........(screen goes all blurry in flashback mode)

I drove up to Sheffield (Wednesday) from Swindon in 1997 for a night match, left directly from work leaving my wallet with my money, cards and ticket on my desk.

I didn't realise until I arrived at the turnstile, I just had my cheque book in my pocket, but they didn't take cheques on the turnstile and they wouldn't take one in the ticket office without a card.

By this time the game had started and I got more and more desperate as I heard roars as the goals went in.

I pleaded with them and in the end they relented, I think they just wanted to shut up and go home.

By the time I'd got to my seat, Derby were 2-1 down, but we went on to win 5-2. How we cheered!

Ah yes the good old days, now did I ever tell you....oh.... he seems to have fallen asleep.

Would he play the day after he signed?

I'm living in Nottingham now and would be tempted to go if he is set to play. Some reception.

Doubt he will play but I'd imagine he would be there.

I am going anyway, it's derby, it's football, it's Saturday.

Looking at this tweet from Mason it looks like the first team...

@Masonbennett20: Middlesborough away! @tomnaylor2 @Rhys_Sharpe @FarrendR1 @alfiesantos7 @ShaqMcDonald24 [emoji460]?[emoji173]?

Archived