Brazil - Germany

CumbrianRam

...yep... and he's likely just got a signing on fee that is likely more than you could ever dream of earning in their entire working lives. Just let that sink in.

My life long goal is now to earn more than the clown.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How times have changed, Germany used to be the ones everybody

wanted knocking out of cups, now its Brazil's turn, i dont feel sorry for

the team, only for the fans, if it wasn't for the fact they were on home soil

they would have gone out earlier, Pele, Jairzinho, Rivelino, etc etc you

are by far still the best to ever wear the famous shirt!

Good luck in the final Germany, clinical football wins in the end!

How times have changed, Germany used to be the ones everybody

wanted knocking out of cups, now its Brazil's turn, i dont feel sorry for

the team, only for the fans, if it wasn't for the fact they were on home soil

they would have gone out earlier, Pele, Jairzinho, Rivelino, etc etc you

are by far still the best to ever wear the famous shirt!

Good luck in the final Germany, clinical football wins in the end!

Couldn't agree with you more, there was a time when the Germans were hated for been so cynical but in a lot of ways Brazil have been very cynical in this world cup.

I know the whole Mexican football connection, and not to be rude, but I still don't rate Ochoa.

He's a good shot stopper, possibly the best in the World, but I just don't rate him as a keeper all round. He's not commanding, he's not a great distributor of the ball and a lot of his "great saves" tend to be from situations that he should have stopped in the first place. There was one against Brazil in particular that he should have come for, and it was only by his shear talent and a bit of luck that it didn't end up in his own net. That's why I still don't think he'll end up being a key player at a big club any time soon, even after his world cup performances.

I don't think Neuer is as good as shot stopper, but he is a almighty keeper.

It was said in jest buddy, I actually don't rate him much either though he has proven to be a good shot-stopper.

In every other category such as one on ones, kicking, distribution, handling from crosses etc.. he's actually not that good. I was suprised he even started ahead of Corona to be honest but he's had a great World Cup and he's a likeable fella so good on him.

Agree with Neuer, alongside Courtois he's the best in the world. Shout out to Keylor Navas too who has turned out to be phenonemal - three years ago he was just another solid keeper, no he's a world beater.

Also don't be too harsh on David Luiz, he's had a good tournament but a poor game tonight.

The biggest area Brazil were done over is in midfield. Khedira, Kroos and Schweinsteiger ripped them to bits. Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho and Fernandinho were absolutely terrible, especially the latter (checkout goal number four or five).

Brazil's defence were up against it from the start, and you could see they were just played 4 vs 4 at the back because Brazil's midfield offered them no protection.

Germany were clinical and excellent in midfield. They really didn't have to work that hard to win.

George Thorne would have gotten in Brazil's team last night on that display.

Fernandinho was so bad it was unreal. Seriously, I'm struggling to think if he couldhave played any worse. Looked like a League 2 player had been thrown in at the deep end.

Archived