Craig Bryson should be our new Captain

ramafan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This discussion comes up a lot. It's hard to say because the Captain really goes to a popular, vocal player in the dressing room rather than a fan favourite.

It should be the player that all the other player respect and like. The player who others tend to follow like in any group of people there's always a leader/s. Plus he needs to know more than his own job.

Hard for fans to say.

He's not vocal enough to be a captain. Brilliant player but he's not a leader - just listen to his interviews.

I'd probably give it to Bucko now but you'd need a good reason to take it from Keogh.

Nothing worse than change for change's sake.

If his fit I would choose Bryson over Hendrick every time, far better player in my book, and I would play him more times than Hughes as well.

Different type of players .

Coutts comes into the equation now as a Thorne type along with Eustace.

Hendrick and Hughes competing with each other and Bryson playing a different role

McClaren may change Derbys playing system at any time because he's tactically that good a coach and has versatility in midfield.

Wardy and Russell and Dawkins are also versatile.

PS Keogh is captain and Barker is club captain.

Box to box midfielders run more than anyone else and I'm pretty certain we'll see Hughes, Brsyon and Hendrick consistently rotated, with regular appearances (sub or otherwise) from Coutts and maybe Bunjaku. Hughes in particular shouldn't be playing 50+ games.

If his fit I would choose Bryson over Hendrick every time, far better player in my book, and I would play him more times than Hughes as well.

Valleyram II?

:D

Buxton was so quiet and was being bossed around by Roos against Ilkeston, now Kelle was vocal! It was all you could hear. So it's not just about shouting.

The fact is we can all have an opinion on who should be captain, but we don't get to see the dressing room, we don't get to see the players in training...how people can suggest Keogh is not the right choice is about an opinion rather than based on facts.

The players appear to be behind him, as does the management. You could argue that why lump the captaincy on Bryson? Just let him focus on his game and getting forward rather than about trying to lift the team.

Keogh was consistent at a high standard last season, we finished 3rd, our overall team ethic is about unity and hard work. We have a young side, but there are leaders all over the park and in the squad. If we need a lift in the 88th minute im sure Buxton would fire some players up, captain or not.

Buxton, Bryson...they will all chip in I'm sure, our squad are all pulling together, so just because Keogh is the captain doesn't mean no one else gets a say. 

If Steve was going to swap captains I'm sure he would have done it by now when the players returned to training. He hasn't, which might suggest he is happy with his choice.

Archived