Everyone's Going on Strike! - 10th July

TobyWanKenobi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F the government in my opinion, **** most things, it's all money money money for everything, you cant go 5minutes without something trying to sell you something, i hate our society personally, why the f do people need all this excess money when there are people who struggle to feed themselves?

this is coming from a 20 year old who is sick with our society as a whole, i hate how everyone pretends its good, it's not. not at all, greed everywhere. Politics is one of the worse, why is there not a party that simply says "ok we'll do this, and then this and then this, if you dont like it, dont vote for us" all i can see is parties trying to discredit each other....."dont vote for them, they're bad for society, vote for us we can do something right"

edit:sorry if this is completely offtopic i wanted to rant

Airports or air traffic controllers involved? Is it a day of action (or inaction!) on the 10th?

It's not often you'll see UK ATC's on strike at all. The French, on the other hand...

TobyWanKenobi

Scrap trident.

I dunno man, there's a lot of jobs in Derby at Rolls Royce resting on building those nuclear submarine reactors, and having a nuclear deterrent is probably essential given that we are in an age of American agression towards whoever they want, mixed with the Russians steadily expanding.

Some union boss or other on the radio at lunchtime chirping on about having 73% of their vote in favour of strike action but forgot to mention until he was pressed that the ballot turnout was 20%. So actually less than 15% of union members had voted in favour of strike action.

His argument then changed to whingeing on about how the low turnout was because of how difficult it was for people to vote. Well if he's right and you find putting a cross on a piece of paper, putting it in a postage paid envelope and putting it in a post box just too hard, then maybe you are being paid too much rather than not enough.

Some union boss or other on the radio at lunchtime chirping on about having 73% of their vote in favour of strike action but forgot to mention until he was pressed that the ballot turnout was 20%. So actually less than 15% of union members had voted in favour of strike action.

His argument then changed to whingeing on about how the low turnout was because of how difficult it was for people to vote. Well if he's right and you find putting a cross on a piece of paper, putting it in a postage paid envelope and putting it in a post box just too hard, then maybe you are being paid too much rather than not enough.

The police commissioners were voted in on 15% turnouts trumpeted by the government. Wonder how much wasted bringing these in....

David Cameron and the Conservative Party were voted for by 36% of voters in 2010. Turn out was 65% so about 20% of British people entitled to vote chose the Tories.

Democracy is not brilliant but there's not many better ways tbf. We could of course ban Unions or control them but then it wouldn't be a democracy, would it?

David Cameron and the Conservative Party were voted for by 36% of voters in 2010. Turn out was 65% so about 20% of British people entitled to vote chose the Tories.

Democracy is not brilliant but there's not many better ways tbf. We could of course ban Unions or control them but then it wouldn't be a democracy, would it?

Excellent idea, ban the unions

The low strike ballot numbers IMO are down to the fact that most union members are just regular people who do a job and joined the union because everyone else is a member and the perceived extra job security and legal protection which may come with membership.

Union bosses may like to think that their membership are as politicised and militant as they are but in truth they want to do a job, get paid and pay the bills. None of my public sector worker friends (and wife) went on strike yesterday because losing a day's pay to make a futile point was just not a price worth paying.

Archived