Most discussed transfers

admira

These are the top ten most discussed transfers on the Transfer Talk forum, based on number of replies as of time of posting today:

Johnny Russell (3,784)
George Thorne (2,872)
John Brayford (1,555)
Jason Shackell (1,510)
Craig Bryson (1,454)
Conor Sammon (1,409)
Ross McCormack (1,110)
Steve Davies (1,059)
Nathan Tyson (1,036)
Luke Varney (786)

Will we get another crazy pre-season thread like JR this time I wonder?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne and Russell's were both very dramatic, but on Russell's we didn't have any Dundee fans arguing with us. Whatever happens with Thorne I think there'll be a mass argument on that thread with WBA fans involved.

Hopefully it'll be us gloating.

You call the West Brom fans' posts "arguing with us", I thought it was more barely intelligible drivel from the dregs of their supporters who by the looks of it were barely welcome on their own forums. Why else would those few be infecting most threads on here.

There's been the odd good discussion with a good West Brom poster, but most of them are poorly researched and seemed to know little about Thorne beyond him being "THEIRS!!!!!"

I was embarrassed by the hype built up around Russell last summer.

I like him as a player, and he is very quick, but my god how you were all bleating how we'd just signed the next Lionel Messi and how he would be our 20 goal a seasons striker etc...

Was proper cringeworthy. Especially given that nobody had seen him play and a youtube clip of him running rings around a few Scottish teams the equivalent of our conference meant he was some kind of superstar.

The George Thorne thread has been better this time - more realistic anyway.

I can't remember reading the Russell one.

To be honest, transfers under Clough were boring. Not poor or anything. Just boring. Even Brayford was a boring transfer.

The most exciting for me was actually Sammon. I'd seen him play a couple of times and was impressed with his pace and his size. I thought he could be moulded into a beast.

Under McClaren, Dawkins wasn't exciting, Bamford was, Wisdom was a bit mixed. He'd played for Liverpool in important games but looked a bit out of place imo.

Oh I forgot Bueno. That's 2 exciting transfers in the Clough era for me. (Again I'm not referring to quality)

The one I dreaded was Tyson. Right from the start I hoped it was an idle rumour.

The one I dreaded was Tyson. Right from the start I hoped it was an idle rumour.

I still think it is. Must have been paper talk which got a little out of hand? Like, surely Clough didn't actually try to sign him?

I still think it is. Must have been paper talk which got a little out of hand? Like, surely Clough didn't actually try to sign him?

I still can't believe we bought an injured striker that never scored goals and we ended up getting an injured striker that never scored goals.

Why not? Derby Telegraph confirmed DCFC were monitoring the situation with Ross McCormack

Just think that bidding was always going to start above our record transfer that we paid for a Premier League campaign. Even if we were interested I think right from the off we'd be breaking our transfer record and blowing our full budget.

I just don't think it had much wind in its sales. It started off from a new poster who made quite a claim.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the top ten most discussed transfers on the Transfer Talk forum, based on number of replies as of time of posting today:

1.  Johnny Russell (3,784)

2.  George Thorne (2,872)

3.  John Brayford (1,555)

4.  Jason Shackell (1,510)

5.  Craig Bryson (1,454)

6.  Conor Sammon (1,409)

7.  Ross McCormack (1,110)

8.  Steve Davies (1,059)

9.  Nathan Tyson (1,036)

10. Luke Varney (786)

Will we get another crazy pre-season thread like JR this time I wonder?

Latest table:

George smashes the record!

1.  George Thorne (6,789)

2.  Johnny Russell (3,784)

3.  Craig Bryson (1,781)

4.  John Brayford (1,555)

5.  Jason Shackell (1,510)

6.  Conor Sammon (1,409)

7.  Ross McCormack (1,257)

8.  Steve Davies (1,059)

9.  Nathan Tyson (1,036)

10. Luke Varney (786)