Local Press

FrostedRam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to work for the DET and was made redundant 2 years ago.

Reason being---------------------------------------------they moved the printing of it to Birmingham to Trinity Mirror (a direct competitor) and dumped the workforce who printed that and many other titles.

I have been lucky and found work straight away, but the DET rolled on and on about the morals behind the Bombardier saga and behind the scenes the parent company were stitching up their own workforce.

In Steve's defence, the budget for reporting, sub editors, etc was cut drastically and more work was placed onto the already loaded staff. He is a very likeable bloke and lives and breathes DCFC.

So, when your paper isn't delivered in a morning, it's probably stuck on the A38 or something, because a national title has had production problems and impacted on the rest of the production schedule.

I can vouch for this, I work out of Trinity Mirror in Watford and many a time we've had to whip a load up to the Fort (as we call it) due to production problems with major titles. Glad you got sorted jobwise Fullspizz.

No not picky. I have increasingly thought for a little while that the local paper is becoming irrelevent. Modern media outlets, the official club news etc have taken away its status of ITK.

I usually look at it online just to confirm information I have usually picked up at leat a day or two before.

Fact is, with the advent of twitter etc the breaking news aspect of newspapers is gone. DET do not seem to have grasped this. The way to sell papers and gain readership online would be through in depth features and analysis.

No not picky. I have increasingly thought for a little while that the local paper is becoming irrelevent. Modern media outlets, the official club news etc have taken away its status of ITK.

I usually look at it online just to confirm information I have usually picked up at leat a day or two before.

Nicholson and Webster have as much right as anybody to ask the people in the know the questions though, which is the thing that grates me the most.

I admit that releasing sensitive information that could be detrimental to the club is not right, but when it comes to speculation they just seem to copy reports anyway - something that I do, working in my boxers from home.

In fact...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/26/sp-former-nottingham-forest-striker-denies-derby-county-rumours/ - I wrote that on the 26th June.

both Nottingham and Derby local papers released this the next day...

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Transfer-gossip-Ex-Nottingham-Forest-loanee-Billy/story-21299875-detail/story.html

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Southampton-striker-dismisses-rumours-training/story-21299511-detail/story.html

They're both as bad as each other, yet these are people with connections to the club and other media guys in the loop. 

They're both as bad as each other, yet these are people with connections to the club and other media guys in the loop. 

The problem is that they just aren't in the loop any more. Me, you and everyone else on this forum knows as much as they do just by sitting at their computer screens at home looking at Twitter and Transfer Talk.

Archived